In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2024 APAC Graduate Programme – Information Technology & Operations
Our two-year graduate programme is designed to provide you with first class training and immediate responsibility, it gives you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services.
For: Final year students or recent graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 24 months
Start date: February 2024
Candidates with more than one application will not be processed – You are encouraged to review the different business lines and working locations before applying.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
• Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any discipline;
• Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
• Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
• Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven thinking, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
Within BNP Paribas Australia, the Client Engagement and Protection Team’s objectives is to be the hub interface for internal stakeholders in Australian and New Zealand regarding KYC/customer due diligence and client static data.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and Security Services (2S) business, which encompasses
- CLM CRM/CAM governance, such as CRM/CAM coordination with AU and oversea teams on daily basis.
- KYC knowledge dissemination: act as herald on policy and procedure updates and assist impact analysis.
- Operationalization and implementation of KYC policies in AU following the strategies and roadmap defined and agreed with APAC Regional Coordination Support team, with a strong focus on process streamlining.
- Quality and Monitoring: provide operational support to SKYCO team performing KYC related tasks, such as data input review, KYC amendment, terminations, etc.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Collect feedback from Coverage and Compliance on the release of various KYC related policies/procedure and guidelines including side policies such as Sanctions and PEP.
- Support GB/GM and Securities Service Business lines with KYC being the focus.
- Provide continuous support on policies and guidelines to all the Client Engagement and Protection team in AU.
- Perform gap and impact analysis on policies and guideline changes.
- Utilize digital tools such as Excel and Power BI to improve data quality and efficiency
- Participate in Local/Regional Calls on a weekly basis to collect information, discuss issues and share local feedback.
- Support investigation during Internal/External audits and regulatory inspections.
- Participate to ad-hoc projects
- Provide operational support to SKYCO team performing KYC related tasks, such as data update, terminations, etc.
- Generate MI reports and apply Quality Assurance (QA) Principle on improving KYC Data Quality in accordance to the Global KPIs in Asia Pacific.
- Working collaboratively with CEP Teams in the group to identify and coordinate the implementation of process improvement initiatives in addressing quality, efficiency and policy compliant areas.
- Contribute to the Country Client Support Committee by consolidating input from various stakeholders, ensuring data accuracy and taking minutes
- Provide or consolidate management data such as KPIs or case status to Head of CEP & CO when necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other relevant team members and stakeholders to achieve set objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and initiatives (e.g.: policy/ regulatory / operational/ data quality etc.) as directed by management.
- University graduate, prior work experience/internship in the financial industry would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail with strong follow-up and good judgment.
- Ability to focus on speed and set the right priorities without compromising accuracy.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills’
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint’
- Team player with strong work ethic and eager to learn.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.