Asset Finance & Securitization (AFS) is a global business within BNP Paribas CIB, straddling activities across both Global Banking & Global Markets. The AFS umbrella includes several businesses, including includes Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO), Credit Solutions, Asset-backed Securities (ABS), Project & Infrastructure Finance, Transportation Finance, and Export Finance.
CLO Structuring Desk is part of the Credit Solutions team in GBA Americas. The CLO Structuring team responsibility is the origination, structuring and placement of new USD CLOs.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
· Analyst/ Associate for CLO Structuring Desk.
· This individual will work on the CLO Structuring team with a deal team leader (VP/Director) as a CLO structurer structuring and executions of all types of primary CLO transactions including: new issue, resets, re-issues, and refinancings.
· He/she will interact with CLO Issuers, Senior members of the CLO Primary team, Middle Office and Operations, Syndicate, Sales, Legal Counsel, and Investors throughout all phases of the deal
· This person will assist in advising the negotiation and marketing of new issue transactions and utilizing analytical tools and models to produce structure results and reports
· Review and analyze portfolio data as part of structuring CLOs
· Optimize portfolios and model CLO structures for issuer clients
· Liaise with internal stakeholders such as Credit, Syndicate, Sales and Trading teams and with third parties such as Legal Counsel, Trustees, Rating Agencies and Investors
· Carry out the execution process of the transaction, including documentation, cash-flow modeling, rating agency analytics, marketing and investor analysis
· Monitor and analyze market data to update senior CLO Structurers and CLO syndicate
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- High attention to detail
- Fluency with Excel; VBA, database and other programming skills are a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Ability to work flexibly in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to use IntexCalc and Intex Dealmaker
- Ability to use Moody’s CDOEdge
- Ability to use S&P CDO Evaluator and S&P Cashflow Evaluator
- 2-3 years experience of Sell-Side CLO Structuring experience
- Masters Degree
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 63, 7/79 and SIE required
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position at the Analyst level is between $105,000 to $110,000 annually. At the Associate level it is between $150,000 to $175,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.