The Change & Solutions Americas organization works closely with BNPP’s executive management and senior leadership to design and implement high-level, strategically important projects, and shape the development of the Bank in the region (US, Canada, and Latin America). The team delivers value across the CIB Americas platforms through an integrated and agile approach with deep international interconnectivity across departments, and a strong focus on servicing internal clients.
Change & Solutions Americas delivers change-the-bank initiatives including strategic planning, business development, operating model transformation, process reengineering, and advanced analytics (i.e., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning). These initiatives cover the full change management value chain from strategy to implementation.
The organization provides its employees with the high-intensity, high-impact training of top-tier consulting firms combined with access to the resources of a premier global investment bank. Our staffing model provides significant independence, international exposure, and opportunity for innovation, allowing you to develop both technical and soft skills. You will be afforded significant autonomy at an early stage and will have the opportunity to work on critical projects directly with senior and executive management. Your work will play a significant role in influencing the future of the Bank.
The team is highly collaborative internally and with clients across the Bank. Engagements can span multiple business lines, functions, and/or regions within various BNP Paribas entities enabling employees to build a strong network upon which to build their career. The team also works between both New York & New Jersey depending on specific business line projects, initiatives, & process improvements.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
- Independently identify issues, develop strategies to improve the team’s problem solving process and proactively suggest innovative solutions
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Prepare and proactively participate in presentations and interviews
- Perform creative and effective market research and data analysis
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling individual deliverables
- Provide core Project Management support by understanding the overall project plan and timeframe, keeping to the defined schedule and using discretion to consider actionable next steps
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 months experience in a similar full-time role in a related field
- Demonstrated interest in financial services and consulting
- Undergraduate Degree Completed
- Full-time experience in financial services and/or consulting
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey and/or New York is between $85,000 and $105,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.