About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function :
The OPC is responsible for supporting business in the implementation of the Operational Risk and Control framework at Business Level / Function level. Prepare and analyze to make a necessary risk-based decision. Analyze qualitative data of each incident. Update potential incidents. Check the controls timetable. Prepare reports and follow up on them.
· Permanent control
· Perform OPC controls
· Analysis and follow-up of incidents
· Reports & KPIs
· Perform monthly meetings and reports
· Follow up on plans
· Support the Manager on the definition and follow up on action plans
· Follow-up of recommendations
· Operational risk
· Check risk map
· Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services
· Perform tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objectives
Associate/Associate Level 1
Mumbai, Malad East
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The objective of this role is to provide a 1st level support to the Operational Risk Management. Within CIB APAC, the Core tool used is ORUS.
ORUS allows managers and Operating Permanent Control officers to implement and perform 1st and 2nd Level Control Plans on a periodic basis. The ORUS solution ensures the coherence between the process, the controls and the associated risks, and contributes to the reinforcement of the management of operational risks within ITO. The tools must be constantly adapted to meet the different regulatory requirements and organizational constraints of the bank.
Operations Control is an Operational management function to
· Monitor all daily processes are handled correctly
· All outstanding tasks / processes are identified, justified and actioned accordingly.
· Reports are produced regularly to the management to review.
· Continuous improvements on control monitoring as processes are continuously evolving
· Implementation of the new processes or deep enhancements of the existing ones.
· To hold the Workshops with the concerned teams
· To perform the design of the Flowcharts and the controls
· To present and request the validation to the Customers
· To make the Modeling in the Designer Tool
· To ensure that the result is properly reflected in ORUS
· To perform the training & guidance before the go live
· Performance administration support to the ORUS tools, user accounts & profile maintenance.
· Maintenance of the Controls that are implemented within ORUS: Self-Declarative & Control of Control i.e. small changes in process flows, update of procedures, update of control points.
· Maintenance of regular reporting for the APAC stakeholders.
· Generation of Weekly & Monthly reports
· Generation of ad-hoc reports
· Support in changes of report formats
· Escalation to OPC for OPC audit related queries. The OPC managers in ISPL/ rest of APAC are responsible for the monitoring & auditing of the controls.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
· Experience in Process Mapping
· Experience in IT support is a bonus
· MS office skills required
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Degree Holder in Finance and/or IT or equivalent
· Risk Management monitoring / incident avoidance is a plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Able to work under pressure independently
· Self-Initiative and be pro-active
· Attention to details and challenge issues when problem arises
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree Holder in Finance and/or IT or equivalent
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Experience in Process Mapping
- Experience in IT support is a bonus
- MS office skills required
Other Value-added Experiences
- Able to work under pressure independently
- Self-Initiative and be pro-active
- Attention to details and challenge issues when problem arises