About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Prime Services leverages the banks experienced global team with in-depth market knowledge to provide execution, clearing and financing solutions across asset classes to both Institutional and Hedge fund clients.
Associate Level-1/Senior Associate
Global Markets Quantitative Research
Business Line / Function:
Transversal – Equity Financing
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Global Market Quantitative Research (GMQR) Team is responsible for most aspects of quantitative research within the Global Market universe, covering Interest Rates, FX, Credit, and Equity. There are teams in London, New York and Asia supporting trading activities of the flow and structured desks. They are responsible for the development of pricing, risk, margin, and profitability models and their implementation in the global analytics library.
GMQR Equity Financing is in charge of providing expert solutions to the equity financing activities for both client facing activities and internal cost optimization. It covers Risk-margining models, client analytics, stock loan automation, funding optimization and inventory management. The teams develops sophisticated models and put in place the infrastructure and the technology to develop, support and optimize the activity.
Within GMQR Equity Financing, the role focuses specifically on stock loan automation, funding optimization and inventory management. This is a front office Associate quantitative research role.
- Participate in the global research on various aspects of the Stock Loan and Inventory Management. This covers in particular Collateral Optimization, Prime Assets Re-hypothecation, Stock Loan Automation, Short-Covering rates determination and Liquidity Risk monitoring
- Design, implement, and support the applications (C# and python) that automate the associated processes
- Support the Stock Loan and Funding desks by performing advanced analysis on a daily basis.
- Take an active part in all front office activities by collaborating with other functions (Trading, Sales, IT and Market Risk) and Research globally and also develop relations with various stakeholders.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Graduate degree in mathematics or engineering with strong analytical skills. Knowledge of finance is a bonus.
- Strong analytical skills and technical background in mathematics, computer science or finance.
- Prior programming experience in Python or C# or other programming languages.
4. Knowledge of statistics as well as optimization algorithms.
5. Effective communication skills, ability and willingness to engage the business
- Delivery focused and willingness to collaborate with other teams.
- Familiarity with Financing business (Stock Loan & Funding) is not necessary but a huge plus
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years