Who we are
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Overview of BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking – Leveraged Finance
Global Banking focuses on 3 main business areas: Corporate Clients Group, the gateway of BNP Paribas’ integrated offer, which manages all the interactions between the Bank and its corporate clients; Capital Markets, operates across debt and equity; and Transaction Banking, which deals with Cash management, Transactional FX, Deposits, Trade financing and Supply Chain Solutions.
Debt Markets EMEA’s mission is to serve the bank’s corporate and private equity clients, by originating (jointly with Coverage), structuring and executing all debt transactions (corporate facilities and event-driven transactions). Debt Markets is structured around:
· Leveraged Finance and Leveraged and Infrastructure Telecom & Media Financing
· Investment Grade Finance (Debt Capital Markets & Loan Capital Markets)
The Leveraged Finance team is responsible for the origination, structuring, underwriting and execution of:
- LBO and Corporate Leveraged financings (including both Institutional TLBs and HYBs)
- Integrated financing solutions to midcap and sub-investment grade corporate clients
- Portfolio monitoring of clients under LBO
Working together with other BNP Paribas teams (including M&A, Syndication, Rating) across Europe as well as with external partners.
Primary Responsibilities of the Intern
As a full member of the team, working closely with analysts, associates, VPs and directors and with the benefit of an intensive on‐the‐job technical and professional training, the intern will have the opportunity to work in a solid and leading investment banking reality and be able to participate and contribute end-to-end to all steps of the transactions:
· Client pitches (new LBO / corporate acquisitions, refinancing, recap, A&E)
· Credit analysis on new transactions; including:
o Market & company analysis, understanding main industry trends, competitive landscape, company profile and performance
o Contribution to main risk analysis and financial projections modelling
o Internal credit memo write-up, mainly focusing on: company presentation, market overview, group performance, business plan and projections
· Take part in the follow-up of existing transactions / portfolio management, including:
o Update of financial results, ratios calculations and performance analysis
o Annual and quarterly reviews as well as amendment requests
What we expect from you
· Education: Master degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, accounting and Financial Management, Master degree in Management Engineering (Specialization in Finance)
· Behavioral skills: strong analytical skills and attention to details; good communication and organizational skills; collaborative approach; team spirit and ability to adapt; proactivity and problem solving attitude; strong interpersonal skills.
· Technical skills: Fluent English and Italian (written and spoken); solid knowledge of financial analysis; very good skills on PowerPoint and Excel
· Prior experience in investment banking is appreciated
Contract type and Remuneration
The offer will be a full time 10-weeks internship and it is dedicated to all students or recent graduates (twelve or less months after graduation).
The Company provide a monthly monetary contribution.
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: BNP Paribas in Italia – Offerte di Lavoro
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (L. 903/77)