About the job
- We are looking for a Business Analyst / Project Manager on Financial Markets with proven experience. IT Corporate Banking Belgium has a team of business analysts / project managers servicing Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office of Global Markets. These internal clients are mainly located in Brussels and Lisbon
- The team is responsible for the analysis of requirements and problems, drafting of functional specifications, testing and training of end users. The scope of activities also includes project coordination and 3rd line support
- The Brussels team will be extended by a team in Portugal that will work in close collaboration with the business analysts in Brussels
Your Main Activities Are
- Keep close contact with your clients, which enables you to identify, analyze and document their requirements and complaints
- Follow up on market evolutions, both business and technological and assess impact together with the business client
- Formulate solutions and draft functional specifications
- Are able to analyze functional problems passing through IT systems, and propose solutions
- Test new applications / changes to existing applications
- Provide user training
- Analyze feasibility, manage priorities and define a roadmap for delivery
- Lead workgroups and coach a diverse range of participants
- Report to stakeholders and escalate where appropriate
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Finance, or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in technology, IT development, Test or QA functions and management roles within IT in financial industry services (or coming from a technology environment with knowledge of the financial services industry)
- Familiar with Global Markets activity and have good knowledge of its financial products (FX, Interest Rates, Bonds, Repos, among others) the processing needed and the regulatory framework around
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and defend solutions with the global team
- Good written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues associated to work area
- Have a pro-active, client-focused and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders with competing interests in IT
- Sound working knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations and legislation within their functional area and company-wide. Such as key underpinning, architecture and products supported
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.