In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential, through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
This role will require the individual to perform a critical function by being accountable and responsible for the IT Major Incident Management function across AMER CIB2S applications. The position will focus in the event of a Major Incident, as well as a reference point regarding IT Major Incident Management.
This role will also require the individual to focus on IT Service Transition function across AMER CIB2S applications. It covers two main ITIL Service Transition areas: Transition Planning & Support and Change Management.
Working within the Business Services team, you will both drive the process as well as advocate a strong level of governance is applied to all changes and projects prior to deployment and release.
- Ensure incidents are managed efficiently and effectively by following procedures and processes currently in place
- Act as point of contact for major incidents which are not resolved within the agreed service levels
- Managing crisis situations through to resolution with clear verbal and written communications
- Schedule, chair and minute meetings
- Review and maintain process documentation
- Clearly communicate the Change Management process and it’s benefits to local and global stakeholders
- Collate Changes from various ITSM toolsets in readiness for local CAB meetings
- Be part of weekly CAB meetings
- Produce and distribute CAB minutes, clarifying any queries
- Escalate changes as per the emergency change process
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Clear aptitude for service delivery excellence and producing quality results
• Customer focused approach to work
• Solid stakeholder management with geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to adapt and remain calm under pressure
• Strong decision-making ability
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Self-driven and proactive, sharing best practices and improvement suggestions
• Focused on innovation and continuous improvement
• A quick learner
• A team player
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
1. Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited Canadian post-secondary program
2. Must be able to work in the local premises
3. Be 18 and over
4. Have at least one more semester left after completion of internship
What you need to know
· We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
· If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
· You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
· Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
· Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
· Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
· Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
· CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
· Pride at Work Canada
· Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
· ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **