About the job
- The Compliance MI-PE-PIC-Reg. Assurance Manager mission is to provide guidance to Compliance Market Integrity, ABC-Professional Ethics, Protection of Interests of Clients domains and Regulatory Assurance area to promote markets transparency and efficiency, adequacy of products and services, information transparency to clients and staff integrity based on the relevant Compliance rules and procedures.
Your Main Activities Are
- Define and coordinate the local implementation of Compliance MI, ABC-PE, PIC frameworks and Regulatory Assurance area applicable to the local organization based on Group/Business Lines Compliance policies and procedures
- Analyze the local impact of norms and regulations evolution on Compliance MI, ABC-PE, PIC and Regulatory: identify any required development, monitoring and control setup through the identification and implementation of local add-ons, specific controls, tools and training; keep relationship with APB and other bodies
- Support BNP Paribas organization (Business Lines and other Functions) through guidelines and best practices sharing on Compliance MI, ABC-PE, PIC and Regulatory across Portugal Territory
- Contribute to Compliance Permanent Control through the execution of 2LoD controls, KPRIs, risk assessments, internal controls and follow-up of historical incidents and action plans related to non-FS Compliance Domains
- Identify and escalate any major risks on Compliance MI, ABC-PE, PIC and Regulatory Assurance across BNP Paribas organization through the established escalation tools
- Act as “Responsible Officer of Compliance Market Integrity, Professional Ethics, Protection of Interests of Clients” (MIRO, PERO, PICRO) in liaison with Compliance Business Lines; liaise with the local ABC Correspondent for coordination of ABC with MI, PE, PIC and Regulatory Assurance; act as “Whistleblowing Local Referent” across Portugal Territory; act as single point of contact for Global Markets in coordination with the GM-Senior Officer
- Support the Regulatory Appointed Compliance Officers (RACOs) on MI, ABC-PE, PIC in the points of contacts with regulators
- Contribute to Regulatory/Internal Reporting on Compliance MI, ABC-PE, PIC in liaison with Regulatory Assurance and Compliance Business Lines
- Contribute to promote Compliance awareness through adequate training and communication; foster a culture of integrity through the respect of Compliance rules and professional standards
Profile and Skills to Success
- High school
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Knowledge in Compliance
- Decision making
- Personal impact / ability to influence
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Critical thinking
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.