BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
Management Information Counterparty Credit Risk (MI CCR) team is responsible to provide an independent view and analysis of key counterparty risks. The team sits within RISK – MFI Platform (Markets and Financial Institutions) – MI (Management Information). The team is based in London and maintains a global scope. It interacts closely with other MI teams in London, Paris, Brussels and New York, as well as several RISK MFI teams under Analysis & Decision and Platform stream. The team has also regular interaction with RISK Corporate, FIC ICAT and Global Markets CCR teams.
The main mission of the MI CCR team is to provide General Management, CIB and RISK Function with a global independent view and analysis of key risks related to counterparty credit risk, supporting optimal decision-making. As such, the team maintains an associated governance framework including métiers, RISK MFI and RISK Corporate comprising recurring committees from Financial Market Risks Committee (“FMRC”) to Main Positions meetings. The team also contributes to group-wide internal management information, including the Comité de Contrôle Interne, des Risques et de la Conformité (“CCIRC”).
The responsibilities of RISK MFI Management Information team comprises two main sub-teams:
- Management & Supervisory Information framework
- Capital & Resources framework
The team is responsible for ensuring an exhaustive and transparent coverage in terms of perimeter and risk types. The team also provides (and concludes upon) external risk disclosures and contributes towards the design, incubation, implementation and ‘run mode’ of the risk analysis governance framework.
- Purpose: working on the analysis and reporting of counterparty credit risk (CCR) in line with the team’s mission statement.
- Scope: Global responsibility in line with MI CCR’s team mandate (i.e. across all activities and regions).
This role may be carried out within a range of experience depending on the development of knowledge and skills in the role and the role-holder’s ability to work with increased autonomy.
- Participate in the production and review of the management information framework, while working in coordination with other members of RISK and Metiers. The candidate will be responsible to analyse and explain metrics such as Current Exposure (CE), Potential Future Exposure (PFE), Credit Valuation Adjustments (CVA), stress tests, initial margin, liquidation cost.
- Coordinate and prepare the material discussed during the main risk committees within the MI CCR scope (e.g. FMRC, Hedge Funds and Higher Risk Funds Main Positions) as well as Supervisory reports (e.g. NFA).
- Use best practices and knowledge to improve processes and reporting practices on CCR, taking into account external or internal recommendations (e.g. check and improve scope completeness and accuracy of the information presented).
- Participate to current and future initiatives on CCR and deliver small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on major projects within the RISK function (e.g Global CCR Main Position).
- Coordinate and respond to ad-hoc requests for CCR analysis, whether external (e.g. from Regulators) or internal (e.g. request for focus paper on a specific topic).
- Work under general guidance from more senior Risk professionals, referring more unusual and complex matters upwards for support when required, and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Support the wider Management Information team through contributions to various global risk analysis topics.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· BSc. with a numerical focus (e.g. scientific, mathematical or financial discipline).
· Solid understanding of the main financial products and their risk drivers.
· Proven knowledge and experience linked to counterparty risk measurement elements – CE, PFE, JtD, xVA, VaR, stress testing, legal documentation (e.g. MA, CSA), counterparty credit quality (PD, recovery rate) etc.
· Some knowledge and experience in topics such as statistics/econometrics, derivatives pricing fundamentals / greeks.
· Self-motivated and able to organize tasks in project mode as well as be able to ensure their timely progress or escalate when required.
· General all round IT competence.
· Excellent written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues and enable effective communication with individuals across the different RISK teams and the Business.
· Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting with senior stakeholders.
· Knowledge of capital markets regulation is an advantage.
· Python programming experience is an advantage.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.