AFS Legal team consists of 4 senior lawyers, and provides legal advice to the Asset Finance & Securitization (“AFS”) business in the Americas region. AFS structures and executes a wide variety of securitIzed products including CLOs, ABCP, ABS, and RMBS which are secured by a broad range of loans (e.g. corporate, auto and mortgages), leases (e.g. aircraft, equipment and fleet) and receivables (e.g. trade and credit card).
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
- Provide legal advice to AFS in connection with the structuring and execution of:
- Primarily, a wide variety of securitized products which are secured by a broad range of loans, leases and receivables; and
- Secondarily, commercial mortgage loans.
- Advise AFS on internal and regulatory requirements, and assist them with credit approvals for new products and transactions.
- Partner with AFS, liaise with external and other internal counsel and liaise with RISK, Compliance and other internal stakeholders.
- Manage ad hoc projects as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Law Degree from an accredited law school
· Admission to New York bar
· At least 3+ years of law firm or in-house experience
· Experience with securitization
o Microsoft Office
· Experience with:
o Warehouse lending
o Residential mortgage loans
o Commercial mortgage loans
FINRA Registrations Required:
· Not applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
· Not applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
· Not applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York is between $225,000 and $286,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.