About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- The Experienced Change Manager plays a central and transversal role in the development and validation of new activities across Global Markets and ALM-T whilst interacting daily with Front Office, IT, Operations, Finance and Group functions (Compliance, Risk, legal, tax…)
- To help the Business in developing its activities and to optimize its operational processes in an efficient and secured way they will use their knowledge of CIB activities and past experiences to propose, challenge and validate solutions
- They act as representatives of Operations, IT and Finance by presenting analysis of the business proposal during validation committees of new products, activities or exceptional transactions
- Responsible for reviewing the Front to Finance processes covering various support functions to identify sensitive, risky processes as well as areas of improvements and proposing new processes or amendments to existing operational chains (IT developments, process changes, governance…) in agreement with the impacted teams
- Responsible for carrying out studies on pre-project analysis or strategic initiatives (books, activity or companies buy-back etc.) or on complex cross-assets process chains: framing of the project, definition of target operating models, pricing of the solutions
- Working as part of the team in London with strong working relationships with teams in Paris as well as with teams located in Asia and America
- Operating in a team with a dual reporting line to IT & Operations and to Front Office
- Building strong relationships through close interactions with the Business, ITO and Functions (Finance, Risks, Tax, Legal, Compliance…)
- Building practical and theoretical knowledge of Front to Finance processes, teams and environments
- Acting with a solution provider mind-set
- Ensure operational risk is under control
- Core accountabilities of the role
- The Experienced Change Manager will be able to take in charge the most complex/cross-assets TAC/NAC, E2E studies and be available to work on strategic initiatives. Hence they will be in charge of the initiatives with the highest added value and the most impactful for the Business. In addition to being a SPOC for ITO on complex TAC/NACs, the Experienced Change Manager is the go-to contact for the business and other functions for ITO impacts on potential new business/complex transactions (including outside the traditional TAC/NAC framework). The Experienced Change Manager has a transversal knowledge of the GM/ALM-T chains and is able to provide pre-TAC/NAC operational structuring advice. Finally the Experienced Change Manager is able to identify and escalate recurring pain points to FO & ITO management.
- For TAC/NAC:
- Design end to end solutions as part of new transaction or new activity submitted in GM & ALMT TAC / NAC review
- Approve-on behalf of IT, Operations and Finance Arbitrage – the new transactions / activities submitted in TAC / NAC forum, and ensure end-to-end alignment
- Deliver time to market solutions to meet business expectations on strategic business push and XGBL solutions design
- Lead end-to-end new business studies:Study and Design end-to-end solutions for new business developments – initiatives outside the TAC/NAC channel
- Actively contribute to DRIVE Community
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Finance / Economics or similar fields
- Between 4 and 7 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
- Knowlege in:
- Financial Markets
- Operations and processes
- Office Pack
- Ability to synthetise / simplify
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Personal Impact / Ability to influence
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
About the Team
Within the COO office of CIB Global Markets, DRIVE New Business Solutions’ core mandate is to provide operational structuring solutions to Global Markets and ALMT for new activities/business and complex transactions. The team consists of profiles from various backgrounds with strong expertise in GM products and Front to Finance processes, as well as an ability to analyse complex solutions and provide solutions within short timeframes
The team has 2 core mandates :
Representing ITO & Finance during GM & ALM-T TAC / NAC mandate (Transaction Approval Committee / New Activity Committee)
In practice, the team is expected to provide and present to the TAC/NAC community an impact analysis, complete with solutions for any identified gaps, of the new activity/transaction on IT & Operations (ITO) and Finance
End to End New Business Studies
Perform front-to-finance impact/feasibility analysis ahead of new business launch and/or as part of strategic initiatives outside the TAC/NAC channel. Team members are expected to manage the study from beginning to end, animated the study governance and actively engaging the Business, ITO and our partner Functions (Finance, Risks, Tax, Legal, Compliance…)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.