BNP Paribas Compliance Financial Domain is responsible for Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing, Sensitive Banks & Countries-Payment Transparency, ABC- Anti-Bribery and Corruptions and KYC-Know Your Client.
FS and KYC Compliance team is accountable for the development and control of the Financial Securities Compliance within CIB Japan.
Support the Head of FS and KYC Compliance Japan to :
- Organize a consistent and coherent roll out of Group Financial Security (GFS) policies and processes across BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan
- Steer the Financial Security function within BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan (at central and local level), in cooperation with the Head of FS Compliance APAC, GFS and OP Compliance Head and COO
- Oversee Financial Security activities in all BL and Territories that are vertically integrated within BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan, with the exception of some joint-ventures, depending on shareholders agreements
- Relay the animation of the Financial Security Community within his BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan with the support of the Head of FS Compliance APAC, GFS and in accordance with the global animation strategy defined at Group level
- Set the tone to develop a strong Financial Security culture in BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan.
- Maintain a consolidated view of BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan risks and reporting it to Head of FS Compliance APAC, GFS and BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan Compliance Head
- Escalate sensitive transactions, new activities / products, incidents & investigations to Head of FS and KYC Compliance Japan
- Support business lines in assessment of financial security risk
- Perform investigation on alerts escalated to Compliance and release/block/escalate in accordance with related policies.
- Adapt policies (if needed) and roll-out GFS policies and processes at BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan level
- Ensure Business translates FS policies into operational procedures
- Maintain collaborative link and work between Territory/APAC FS Compliance officers / correspondents within BNPP Tokyo Branch and BNPP Securities Japan
- Define and deliver appropriate Financial Security training to relevant personnel
Know Your Customer
I. Support the Head of FS and KYC Compliance Japan in the implementation of the target operating model and remediation plans
- Overall reorganization of the function
II. Carrying out Know Your Customers duties
- Deploy and update this Procedure and ensure that it complies with local law and regulation;
- Conduct a robust program of monitoring;
- Provide advice to SBOs and Due Diligence teams concerning KYC policies when relevant; the Compliance of the SBO territory has to oversee clients onboarding, even if the booking is made in another territory;
– The Compliance scope of advice encompasses the control of the MSCQ included in the KYC process;
- Deliver substantive opinion on High Sensitive clients or clients submitted to Customer Acceptance Committees;
- Control all relationships and deliver an opinion on each KYC whatever the sensitivity level, stating whether or not to maintain the relationship (the only exemption being for investment funds managed by asset managers regulated in Recognized Equivalent Countries, when they are rated Low sensitive and on which there is no suspicion or adverse news);
- Check the PEP classification or material adverse information;
- Investigate reports made by staff concerning suspicious activity;
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of appropriate AML/CTF training for relevant personnel;
- Perform various FS Risk Assessments, define and propose plans to mitigate the residual risk as necessary and report to management
- Oversight and Support of the APAC regional hubs related to FS
- Support / Implement various FS related projects/systems and contribute to their maintenance
- Monitor local regulation and implement any changes to OP whenever appropriate.
- Define and deliver appropriate AML/CFT and Sanctions training for relevant personnel
- Produce internal and external reports relating to FS Compliance
- Good knowledge of the Financial Security and Know Your Customer regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the Region and its organization, its establishments, and its Businesses
- General understanding of the IT systems used by Financial Security and Know Your Customers
- Full professional proficiency in English and Japanese