About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
GSS – Global Support Services is a forward-looking Digital Command Center equipped to provide following “Support as a Services”: Primary services will include 24*7 Monitoring of production health in terms of End2End chains, event based Monitoring, incident classification/communication/escalation, Crisis & major incident management, predictive & trend analysis. GSS will also comprise of engineering team actively focusing on automating non-applicative redundant manual tasks & processes governed at CIB ITO production level.
CIB Production Enablement – Factories
Business Line / Function:
GSS – Global Support Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas is looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the role of Production Support Analyst. The person will be responsible to own the monitoring and first level of trouble shooting of applications in production environment. The role will be challenging and will involve high level of commitment and pro-activeness to maintain the 24*7 availability of the applications.
Job profile at a glance, the role will mainly focus on the monitoring, troubleshooting and communicating the production events. The event can be of various type and nature, ranging from simple application error or the infrastructure issue related to server crash. The main responsibility will be to ensure that all relevant events and issues are recorded and resolved in timely manner. In case the issue is out of scope, there will be other specialized teams available for your help. In that case the responsibility will be of a coordinator to inform the relevant teams and make them aware and aid them with information to troubleshoot the issue. Apart from the issues, the role will also require to raise incidents on behalf of users and escalate the tickets to concerned support teams. During releases and planned downtimes, the Command Centre will be responsible for management communications and orchestration of the activities among different teams.
The front line support will also be responsible to identify the gaps in monitoring and suggest improvements. Knowledge of scripting language like Perl/ python/ shell will be required for basic level of automations and scripting. Support person will also be in charge of business impact tracking in-order to update stakeholders in real time and Prioritize/escalate the subjects as per need. The role will also require the person to be familiar with tools like Geneos, Service Now and Confluence. Knowledge on scripting language like Python will be an asset.
· Monitor applications/end to end value chain in scope with the help of provided tools
· Manage alerts for resolution and escalate for investigation
· Maintain documentation about alerts and process guidelines for easy resolution of issues and follow up during incident management
· Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues as per shared guidelines.
· Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries and concerns
· Liaise with Level2, Infra Teams, Incident manager in case of global issues
· Keep track of impact and follow through the age of incidents
· Ensure problems are correctly registered for high priority incidents and follow up for timely closure.
· Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Documentation and review of application data.
- Maintaining the repository of category based production alerts and timely escalation of repeated issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Windows, SQL is mandatory
- Knowledge on Linux, Middleware, SQL & monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with Production tools like Service Now, SOI, Confluence, Autosys etc.
- Knowledge on any of the monitoring tools like Geneos or Dynatrace is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and principles are mandatory.
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Dynamic approach to cater to different situations and applications based on business chains.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Graduate in Computers/IT field with 3 to 4 years of hands on experience in Production Support Team.
- Previous experience in production support project will be preferred.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 – 4 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)