In Hamburg, we are looking for you to join us in a full-time or part-time non-permanent position starting from February 2024 as
Intern (all genders) Mid-Large Cap Coverage
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a bridge between large multinationals and mid-sized companies with international business activities (Corporates) and institutional investors and financial service providers (Institutionals). The division is a leading provider of sustainable financing and investment solutions.
BNP Paribas: Who we are
How do you imagine working at a bank? Probably not like this: at BNP Paribas, everyone is on first-name terms and we wear the clothes we feel good in. We live diversity, team spirit and sustainability. At BNP Paribas, you will find a secure job, plenty of space for your ideas and a suitable professional solution for your individual life situation. Your potential is limitless – and so are your development opportunities. We don’t give empty promises, we convince with action: we – that’s around 185,000 employees in 65 countries. We are the leading bank in the European Union. We are the “World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance 2023” (Euromoney). We are Top Employer 2023. We are: The Bank for a Changing World.
Tasks & Responsibilities: What awaits you
- Support the Bankers & Associates in the overall development and advisory of our existing clients and prospects
- Research for and preparation of client meetings – including C-level pitches
- Gain insights in corporate and investment banking products and support to find solutions for the needs of our clients – e.g. Cash Management, Global Trade Solutions, Risk Management, Working Capital/Supply Chain Management, Syndicated Loan and Project Financing, Asset backed Security Programs, Equity and Debt Capital Markets, M&A and Private Placement
- Prepare and evaluate business opportunities by analyzing the client`s business risk (e.g. business model and competitor analysis), market risk and financial risk, jointly with our industry specialists and with the help of our senior credit analysts
- Support to coordinate with BNPP specialists all over the world to identify new business opportunities
- Screen the Northern-Germany start-up landscape to identify the next hidden champions
Expertise & Soft Skills: What you offer
- Studies of economics or comparable academic education, alternatively an apprenticeship plus further educational background in banking
- Good commercial awareness and basic knowledge in Investment & Wholesale Banking
- Professional experience in an international set-up
- Outstanding analytical and financial skillset
- Well-structured working organization with a good time management
- Ability to collaborate and willingness to work in a team
- High openness to take early responsibility by results driven & client focused working attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
- Very good oral & written communication skills in German & English
You don’t meet every criterion? No problem, you are more than welcome to apply anyway.
It is important for us that you can develop and grow in this position.
Diversity is a strength for us. We are convinced of the numerous advantages of diverse perspectives, experiences and competencies. Our aim is therefore to select candidates in an unbiasedly and open-mindedly: Your CV should contain information on your education and work experience – that’s all we need. You can find out more about our D&I commitment here.
Benefits: What we offer you
- Work in the office and from home
- A wide range of opportunities for your development, such as internal and external training, talent development programmes and (inter)national career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Employee Assistance Program: Professional support and great offers for your private and family life from benefitatwork and voiio
- A wide range of offers for your health, such as access to over 6,000 sports and health facilities with EGYM Wellpass
Your contact person is Svenja Lembke – we are on first-name terms.
If you have any questions, please call (+49) 6971938080 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to shape a changing world?
Apply now, in only 5 minutes.
Please send us your application documents exclusively via our online portal. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications by email or on paper for the protection of your data.
BNP Paribas: One Bank – Multiple Opportunities
From investment banking, vehicle leasing and real estate consulting to insurances, private banking and financing – the range of products and services BNP Paribas offer is very diversified. To ensure the highest level of expertise and the best service for our private, corporate and institutional clients in each individual business area, BNP Paribas in Germany is organized in twelve business lines: this makes the Bank a strong partner, even in times of crisis and rapid change. This is what almost 6,000 employees in Germany stand for. This is what six million private clients and around 5,000 corporate and institutional clients in Germany rely on.