The BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organization is an international financial services group, with in excess of 200,000 employees with solid roots in Europe.
The BNP Paribas Group is organized around two main activities: Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
The IT production has two main entities ITGP and ITO, with a main governance lead by ITGP.
ITGP Digital Working
ITGP Digital Working is responsible to provide IT Services to our clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Infrastructures (Active Directory, Messaging, Instant Messaging, Desktop …) as well as elements of the Global Services organization.
Context and Role summary
The “Digital Working” Domain is part of the ITGP Digital Working Division of BNP Paribas. Within this domain, the Evolution team is responsible for the Global Engineering of Microsoft Windows Corporate Builds and its core applications.
Acting as part of a core team designing, engineering, producing, supporting and evolving desktop platforms / user environments within the organisation. This role provides QA for engineered solutions, whether methods, processes, tools, infrastructure or client and coordination activities for deployment teams worldwide.
The primary function of the role is to operate as part of the engineering function to assess delivery of updates and upgrades and stability / robustness. This includes production of risk-based reports, for suitability of solution and test implementation scenarios to ensure maximum compatibility for production needs. Also providing release notes, installation manuals and procedures.
The secondary function of this role is to work with the production teams to coordinate and assist with implementation of the released products. This will involve ensuring test information is made available and is understood for appropriate decisions to be made. This should contribute to the swift implementation of the Engineering teams standardised products, methods, processes, policies, and to promote the tools and function of the EUC department.
Position – Key Accountabilities
- Delivery of robust, scalable and suitable solutions for multi-lingual, multi-site organisations
- Provision of Quality Control, assurance and Testing for the Engineering (Global Evolution Engineering) function
- Maintenance and provisioning of testing facilities for use within the EUC Infrastructure and Production teams
- Work closely with the EUC Infrastructure and Production teams for driving forward related project work
- Adhere to company ITSM processes: Incident Management, Reactive and Proactive Problem Management and Change Management – to ensure all linked actions are documented within the corporate tools and all related stakeholders are informed on time
- Participate jointly with Global Evolution Engineering in the CIP (Continuous Improvement Plan) to leverage and improve the Global Infrastructure
- Determine the best course of action to take standardised OS and bridge the gap from existing to ideal
- Decision making on appropriate solution to progress the previous point
- Decision making on passing / failing criteria for tested products
- To advise and support the EUC Infrastructure and Production teams
- To coordinate with many other teams actions carried out on the Global infrastructure – Networks, Storage, Wintel and Data Center facilities, Service Desk among others
- Travel abroad (Paris) in very special occasions to unlock problems, participate in workshops or trainings… an/or make the team´s activities known to L3 Engineering
Professional skills, abilities and experience
- Advanced Microsoft SCCM Configuration Manager (2007 and CB) effectively and understand the product flow encompassing software packaging, patch management and operating system deployment at architectural level
- Advanced PowerShell and VBS Scripting to automate processes
- Advance Windows 7 and 10 operating system architecture, configuration and support
- Advance Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Advance Quality Assurance methodologies
- Advance Documentation creation skills
- Advance Antivirus understanding and troubleshooting. Preferable McAfee ENS+VSE
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Hardware homologation process preferable in HP devices
- Printing infrastructure general knowledge
- Media Access understanding and troubleshooting. McAfee DLP /FRP + Check Point ME/FDE
- Internet / DNS / Networking knowledge
- Working closely with the relevant technology teams to guarantee service stability
- Ensure that documentation is created, published, maintained and updated to a high standard
- Monitoring critical and core services to ensure accurate visibility of issues and potential problems
- Manage integrations with other toolsets such as ITSM, Software Asset Management and Vulnerability Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar environment. Multinational +50.000 users at least.
- ITIL Foundation knowledge
- Fluent in English and French (read/write/speak) – Interview will be fully in English
- Constant development of own skills to maintain a knowledge the progress of technology, equipment and systems
- Commitment to achieve personal objectives as well as contributing to overall departmental goals
- Strong attention to details
- Proactive and pragmatic approach with a strong ability to work on own initiative
- Ownership of work and commitment to delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to operate with demanding Senior IT and Business Management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team and manage multiple priorities, delivering to schedules and managing expectations
- A motivated, creative engineer with self-confidence and drive to deliver the right solutions
- Exercises self-control, is diligent, accurate and reviews / mitigates risk whenever possible
A. Critical experience, ‘know–how’ and qualifications
Experience of operating in a Platform Testing role in a large scaled organisation reliant on technology to deliver their business functions.
Technical experience of infrastructure for Windows Desktop products, Active Directory, SCCM, scripting technologies, web technologies and desktop platform technologies: at design, implementation and management levels.
Business analyst or similar skills/knowledge that can be utilised in order to elicit, analyse, gather and validate information regarding internal key IT systems, as to enable high quality, accurate and targeted management of desktop devices.
Technology awareness/knowledge gained from a technology background, through technology related qualifications or equivalent experience gained from working in a technology environment
Must be able to work independently, exercising good judgment when prioritising multiple tasks.
Languages & Qualifications
- High English spoken and written fluent (B2/C)
- French (write / read / speak) – intermediate level
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certificate will be desirable
- On Site Services: From 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday
- Planned Interventions out of working hours may be required (incl. weekends)