Do you want to develop a career in a business that is a passionate about sustainability and making a difference in the world? Then you are in the right place. At BNP Paribas, our ambition is to build a sustainable future for our clients and the people we work with … but we can’t do that without you!
Who are BNP Paribas?
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of sustainably tailored financial services and solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20,000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
We are “the bank for a changing world” and recently won the award for being the world’s best bank for sustainable finance. To play our part in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable energy by 2030, we’ve place the United Nations Sustainable Goals (SDG) at the heart of our business model. They impact the companies we do business with, the projects we finance and the people we invest in. We’re proud to be playing a leading role in guiding our clients towards responsible growth, and a lower-carbon economy, by co-creating financial solutions that align their business strategy with the SDG. We need more change agents – so join us today to help us with our mission!
At BNP Paribas, we see value in diversity, equal opportunity, and the quality of our lives together. That’s why the Group works daily with all its stakeholders to create an environment that is respectful of everyone, based on equality, and where fighting discrimination represents a primary goal.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working in either our Global Banking or Global Markets function as a Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist Apprentice.
What will I be doing?
This role works within the operational and administrative side of the business which will require you to perform complex and specialised tasks and become fluent in the Bank’s systems and processes. Such duties can include:
- perform enablement of clients, users and funds on Client facing Electronic FX trading platforms following documented procedures
- respond to queries and requests for assistance from both internal stakeholders (Trading/Sales/IT) and external clients in our global mailbox and chat channels
- assist where required on team projects, analysis of trading and configuration data in line with training received
- develop a deep understanding of your business area and client base through training and practical experience
- stakeholder management and engagement of key internal partners
- produce reports and presentations to help the wider team
- perform daily reconciliation checks on trades and liaising with operations to solve discrepancies
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- Three A-levels or equivalent, and GCSE Maths & English level 4 – 9 (grade A – C)
- A-levels, which are due to be completed in 2024 OR completed A-Levels in 2023
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A team player who embraces diversity
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 18 months
Salary: £25,000 p.a. + award winning flexible benefits
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship role, please email us at BNPPApprenticeships@weareams.com