About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
Corporate and Institutional Banking or CIB Business line consists of multiple métier’s like Global Markets, Global Banking and Transversal each dealing with a specific set of Banking Business function. Application Production Support or APS is an important vertical of CIB that deals with keeping the CIB businesses up and running in production and various transformational activities across domains
PeopleSoft Support Analyst
CIB – IT Production
ISPL – MUMBAI
Business Line / Function:
Client Engagement and Protection APS
ISPL CIB APS CEP Head
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This position mainly focuses on the functional and technical support application.
Main responsibilities are:
- Perform well industrialized application support tasks and industrialize further tasks :
- Managing Support Mailbox
- User access management
- Process requests/user queries in support mailbox
- Technical investigation and resolution of support issues
- Document and execute the regular system checks at various points in the day.
- Build up the documentation for further enhancement of the process.
- Incident management
- Follow all local policies for coming in shifts, weekend checks and releases.
- Take Ownership in Crisis, extra commitment in the gaps when many resources are on vacation/leave.
- Attend standups (whiteboard) and ensure smooth handover between the shifts.
- Ensure process improvement at Service Management level– Thorough understand and follow the process for ITSM, Incident and Problem Management
- Commitment to teamwork of highest standards.
- Participate in BCP working; Ensure strong governance and control
- Ensure established functions raise the bar a notch above via Continuous improvement and level up.
- Participate in Team shifts, Weekend releases and Holiday coverage.
- Ensure all reported incidents are correctly logged, investigated, understood, explained and followed up to avoid reoccurrence.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments from presentation and application layers to middleware and databases.
· Monitor all application components and in-out data with the help of provided tools and act proactively to prevent data issues, performance issues or application crash.
· Monitor batches with the help of provided tools and act proactively on failed batches while being ensuring that the preventive actions were implemented to avoid the future failures.
· Perform capacity management of in-scope applications by proactively monitoring the application behavior. Alerts Application Production and Development teams of any potential risks in the future
· Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance and capacity.
· Customize production tools (monitoring, batch scheduling, backups, deployment tolls, automation)
· Create and maintain documentation about issue resolutions and process guidelines for easy resolution of future issues.
· Providing coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
· Ensure logging all issues or intercepted by monitoring tool in the Bank’s ticket management system Service Now.
· Monitor recurrent incidents and perform problem management to ensure permanent fix with the help of IT partners.
· Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & upgradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work.
· Active participation in Disaster Recovery exercise to validate the resilience of production ecosystem for business.
· Ensuring the timely delivery of Production Releases & change in staging and production ecosystem as per the agreed schedule.
· Ensuring all application logs are fit for purpose and fit for use.
· Explore opportunities of innovation and automation while in line with all policies
· Adopt CIB Standard tools, industrialize monitoring, industrialize Release management whilst seeking reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g. leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools
· Collaborate efficiently with Level 3 Infra and Developments teams to respond to incidents to restore normal services to the business at earliest.
· This is Techno functional experience
· Client onboarding application support experience
· Practical experience with Production tools like Geneos, Dynatrace
· Good experience on Windows and Linux/Unix systems : Good to have IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JENKINS,
· Knowledge of Databases preferably Oracle or SQL Server.
· Scripting ( Any primary – PowerShell , Shell, SQL, UNIX, Phyton ….) monitoring and support tools.
· Knowledge of File Transfer protocol and tools like – CFT, UTS, FTP, SFTP.
· Exposure to JAVA and .Net applications.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduate in any discipline or Bachelor in Information Technology
15 of IT experience
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)