About the job
Within Finance & Strategy function, Finance Implementation Projects – FIP teams:
- Lead the end-to-end implementation of business and regulatory projects by responding to Business Line and Finance requirements
- Contribute to transformation initiatives according to the Finance strategy
- Implement and maintain a harmonized Finance operating model across BNPP Group
- Contribute to migration projects relying on the regional set up in Europe, Asia, and Americas
- Collaborate with a FIP community worldwide, ensuring a consistent approach of the Finance projects across the geographies
FIP teams are based in Lisbon and Paris and composed by 5 teams:
- FIP Capital Market and FIP Banking Product are in charge to drive and deliver end-to-end business and regulatory projects by responding to Business Line and Finance requirements
- FIP Standards defines standard guidance and methodology used during projects
- FIP Regulatory coordinate regulatory evolutions, studying and defining standard solutions
- FIP Change Management Office and Permanent Control is responsible for leading transformation on FIP Global (impacting Paris, Madrid, Lisbon and other networks in APAC and AMERICAS)
Your team FIP Change Management Office and Permanent Control is composed by a Manager, a Team Leader and 3 PMOs. This team is in charge to:
- Monitoring the activity (Budget, staffing, project status, KPI)
- Coordinated and implemented permanent controls
- Lead transformation project for FIP global
The PMO Trainee joining FIP Lisbon will follow a complete integration program to understand FIP missions and environment in order to contribute to the transformation and put in place the target operating model of FIP Global
Your Main Activities Are
- Participate on the definition of the FIP target operating model in a worldwide perspective, interacting with FIP teams in several locations (EMEA, AMER, APAC)
- Support on piloting FIP business by building strategic KPIs, monitoring monthly portfolio and budget, and continuously improving FIP framework and daily tools
- Support your team on projects tracking, control and reporting, including aspects such as: set up of the project governance, ensure that the methodology is followed appropriately for the project, preparation of SteerCo materials and minutes, monitoring of actions, tracking budget and regular reporting
- Collaborate on the optimization of processes and reporting for management and teams
- Disseminate and encourage change management culture within FIP teams and facilitate knowledge sharing and communication among FIP global community
- Support the implementation and adaptation of generic Control Plans in FIP Lisbon team
- Collaborate to risk management through the observation of the various risks during the implementation of a project within FIP methodology in order to identify the needs for specific controls
- Support your team on the analysis and synthesis of the results for the controls put in place, as well as on monitoring action plans with other FIP teams
- Participate on the implementation plan for new controls and evolution of current ones
- Your role as PMO Trainee within FIP Lisbon will give you the opportunity to work in close collaboration with FIP management and in a very dynamic and transversal domain
Profile and Skills to Success
- Business School or Bachelor’s degree or Engineering school degree completed
- Office pack proficiency
- Knowledge on MS Power BI or other data visualization tool
- Good communication skills in English (fluent), both written and oral
- Ability to synthetize and simplify
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team
- Attention to detail and rigor
- Analytical ability
About the Team
- The Finance & Strategy function (F&S) ensures, for the BNP Paribas Group, the production and publication of accounting and financial management statements necessary for the management of the Group, financial and tax optimization along with the external growth strategy. It also plays an alert role vis-à-vis of the General Management
- F&S count +1800 employees specialized in Accounting, Reporting, Performance Steering, Tax, Control, Regulatory and Project to mention few of them. F&S is organized around 3 mutualized regional platform (America, Europe and Asia/Pacific), 1 Shared Finance Service center located in India, Central F&S teams located in Paris and decentralized Finance, Tax and Development departments located in each BNPP country presence
- The Infinity EMEA Finance & Strategy Platform is the Regional EMEA Mutualized platform and Group platform delivering services that covers the whole financial dimension: Accounting production activities, reporting, control, transformation projects, IT and GDO. Our platform serves EMEA Countries and CFO´s, Group Head Office and also worldwide entities when it refers to projects (Transformations & IT). The Infinity EMEA Finance & Strategy Platform is located in a dual location Madrid and Lisbon
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.