BNP Paribas Group is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. It has close to 185,000 employees in 65 countries. In Spain we are more than 5,100 employees within 12 business lines.
BNP Paribas EMEA Finance has 500 employees, of which more than 325 are based in Madrid. We manage more than 250 BNP Paribas entities across Europe, covering +60% of the Group’s balance sheet and all the group’s banking activities (Corporate & Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Personal Finance and other financial services activities…).
Our mission is to measure, control and explain all the financial indicators necessary for the monitoring of accounting, tax, regulatory, liquidity, credit risk reporting and management results activities.
FRESH – FDS – Local Regulatory Reporting Solutions – Project Owner / Project Manager
FRESH is a new IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market.
FRESH is a new worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive shift to new technologies and best practices.
FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams. FRESH is part of the ITG organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship: ITG, Finance and RISK.
Within FRESH, Finance Dedicated Solutions (FDS) is a Group in charge of servicing Finance processes and users on a worldwide scope.
There are three Domains in FDS: Consolidations Solutions dedicated to Head Office Reporting, Operating Solutions dedicated to specific Finances processes and Local Regulatory Reporting Solutions (LRRS) dedicated to local or regional Finance teams producing the Financial statements & Financial prudential reporting towards the National Central Banks.
All entities on OFS (One Finance Solution), a set of 30+ standard BNPP Finance applications of which a detailed General and Analytical Ledger, are in the scope of LRRS. The scope is rapidly expanding in the wake of the OFS migration program, a program rolling out OFS worldwide and in particular in CIB/BP2S entities in EMEA, APAC and Americas. Currently approximately 80 consolidated entities are live on OFS, and 80 more are planned in the 2021-2024 timeframe.
The missions of the LRRS team are to
• Lead the LRR stream of the OFS migrations
• Design and build systems & solutions for LRR Finance processes & users
• Rationalize the existing systems & solutions inherited from multiple local and regional initiatives
• Support, run and administer the LRR systems & solutions
• Manage incidents of the LRR systems & solutions
• Ensure communication with users and stakeholders.
• Contribute to the training and change management of the Finance users
• Strive to continuously improve the service provided by LRRS by tracking inefficiencies within LRRS and contributing to review Finance LRR processes
• Implement the new FRESH framework and in particular agile @scale methodology and collaborative cross stream fertilization
Concerning the EMEA region, a dedicated LRRS team is set up in the FRESH EMEA Hub. The Project Manager position is part of that team.
The FRESH EMEA Hub operates as a service center providing resources and expertise to deliver on tasks and projects prioritized by FRESH On-Shore stakeholders. The FRESH EMEA hub is itself hosted within the Oxygen Platform and covers Lisbon & Madrid Locations.
The FRESH EMEA Hub operates under the “Extended Team” model encompassing a clearly defined functional reporting line for each team to on-shore Managers who supervise the activities performed.
Your main responsibility is to support the production and the projects of the LRR Solution for EMEA countries.
The solution is based on in house core components and if required entity specific solutions.
Your main tasks include
For production support:
• Support Local Finance in the production of the LRR report in BAU.
• Monitor on the daily basis the status of the production.
• Lead the communication with the different stakeholders of Finance.
For project :
• Scoping of the project
• Costing of the project
• Building the planning of the project taking into account multiple interdependencies between streams, other projects and teams.
• Monitoring the planning taking into account the Global OFS migration roadmap with the relevant Project Managers / PMO at central level.
• Contributing to the business requirements and the solution design
• Producing the IT documentation for instruction of the project by the FRESH Architects and so as to obtain their approval to launch the project
• Organising the deployment and the aftercare of the solution
• Producing KPIs to communicate on the status of the project
• Managing escalation to management & sponsors when required.
• Managing risks
• Organising the governance of the project considering the relevant forums within the bank based on the target audience (internal meetings, client committees, management committees, etc.),
• Preparing the relevant documentation to present to each set of stakeholders the status of project on a recurrent basis.
• Producing the minutes of each Committee as well as the follow-up of the action logs.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering with Finance and/or Accounting certificates
• 4-7 years of experience in an Information System within the Banking sector
• Experience as project manager in the implementation of Finance Reporting systems and/or interfaces to/from Finance Reporting systems
• Experience as business analyst in banking products appreciated.
• Experience in an international environment appreciated
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience as project manager in the implementation of Finance Reporting systems and/or interfaces to/from Finance Reporting
• Good knowledge of the Agile methodology
Trasversal & Behavioral:
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills – oral &written
• Ability to manage a project
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.