About the job
- EMEA KYC Quality Assurance Team main purpose is to undertake quality controls and support the EMEA Due Diligence teams (on-shore and Lisbon/ISPL KYC Hubs) by providing KYC training, guidance and feedback based on Compliance and Regulatory expectations.
- The team act as liaison where necessary between the Compliance functions to clarify policy points that need clarification
- The team ensure governance of any gaps in the KYC quality targets and provide action plans to relevant local or regional CLM management to increase the quality
Your Main Activities Are
- Provide Support in improving KYC file quality, oversight and governess to deliver quality targets expected by the senior management and GCP controls
- Perform post-approval quality assurance controls
- Perform monthly QA on the sample of files allocated by EMEA KYC QA Team manager;
- Ensure monthly QA result is reviewed with local DDT management and results finalised before month end
- Identify Root Causes of quality failure
- Identify root causes impacting KYC quality, agree fail points with stakeholders, define & track action plan for quality recovery & continuous improvement measures
- Ensure KYC quality recovery action plan is in-place and on-track to address quality weaknesses identified in both Compliance Hub and QA performed by the EMEA QA Officer
- File remediation tracking
- Track remediation of failed files during QA testing
- Log failed files requiring PFR/TFU in the tracker and monitor progress. Remediation to be completed within 30 days and non-compliant files to be escalated to Head of EMEA KYC QA
- Collection of misalignments
- Collect KYC misalignment issues from your respective DD team and add in action log on EMEA KYC QA Sharepoint
- Issue Policy/SOP related guidance and engage with compliance or GCS Team etc to find solutions on any complex policy / SOP related topics
- Increase alignment on KYC and financial security processes to harmonise the operational process and thus improve KYC quality. Organise and lead monthly meeting with local financial security manager and discuss KYC quality related topics
- KYC Quality Awareness & TEA (training , education and advisory
- Drive awareness of regulatory requirements and boost expertise of NL KYC team by working closely with EMEA KYC QA Team, CLM Academy, GCS Team and compliance functions
- Organize and lead regular TEA ( training , education and advisory ) meetings with your dedicated DDT ( on-shore and off-shore)
- EMEA KYC QA Community
- Functionally report to Head of EMEA KYC QA
- Participate in EMEA KYC QA community meetings and contribute to the success of QA framework
Profile and Skills to Success
- Up to two years of professional experience in Compliance, Client Management or Audit
- Academic Degree in related field
- Fluency in English
- Great attention to detail
- Able to work and collaborate with others
- Able to develop others & improve their skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.