About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function :
The Global Markets Quantitative Research division is in charge of the modelling, pricing & risk management developments for the entire offering of products within the Global Markets activity. The team operates globally with representatives in London, Paris, Asia and New York and plays a critical role in providing innovative solutions.
We are currently pushing to create a new team in India.
Our work requires a strong and permanent cooperation with trading and the Global Markets IT
division to ensure all quant developments integrate optimally with the IT ecosystem, thereby ensuring
the best deliveries to the business. Our expertise and projects also lead us to be a key contact for
both operations and group risk management team.
GMQR – Senior Quantitative Analyst
Global Markets Quantitative Research
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas CIB has launched the very ambitious plan aiming to strengthen our organisation and adapt CIB to ensure it remains a healthy and sustainable business in the long term, providing solutions to our clients, and core to the Group in its diversified business mix.
In this context, the Global Markets Quantitative Research is tasked to build along with the Global Markets IT a new pricing and risk management platform covering all asset classes for both flow and exotics products. To support this initiative, the bank has decided to create in India a pole of expertise around front office risk management and P&L Explain. The need for such a team originates from the necessity to harmonise, industrialize, and strengthen our tools to support ever growing trade volumes while ensuring a high level of data quality and coping with more stringent regulations.
The role being offered is to build and lead this newly created pole of expertise fully integrated in the Functional Architecture team, part of Global Markets Quantitative Research.
This is a Senior Quantitative Analyst – team Lead role within GM Quant Research.
The job covers the following aspects:
- Familiarization with BNP Paribas’s risk and pricing framework
- Recruitment locally of the team (Junior and mid senior levels) to efficiently cover the 3 main business lines of Global Markets (MACRO (IR / FX / Commodities), CREDIT and EQUITIES
- Define and implement in collaboration with teams located in Paris and London the tools required to efficiently monitor the quality of risks and P&L Explain data generated on a daily
- Use state of the art data analysis techniques to improve anomaly and outliers’ detection while providing insights into the required developments
- Ensure remediation either locally or in collaboration with central teams of identified issues and weaknesses
All tasks above are to be conducted in close collaboration with the quantitative team management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· MSc to PhD degree in mathematics or engineering with strong analytical skills
· Strong analytical skills and technical background in mathematics, computer science or finance
· In depth knowledge of at least one but ideally multiple asset classes
· Proven experience in managing a medium size team
· Extensive experience with object-oriented languages (C++, C#…) including participation in large scale projects
· Comfortable with large scale libraries and working with different profiles (quants, IT, MO, Risk)
· Ability to propose new design patterns and architectures with a strong emphasis on clean and ordered code with a focus on industrialization.
· Good knowledge of data analysis techniques and technological ecosystem
· Experience driving large scale projects and experience working in a global setup
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork and be able to drive a project end to end and coordinate across multiple teams
A flexible, hands-on attitude and willingness to make things happen
Communication skills – oral & written and Interpersonal skills
Ability to work autonomously within the requirements of the project and the quant team
Masters Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years