About BNP Paribas:
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
The objective of the Coverage Relationship Manager is to develop Coverage’s commercial strategy with Financial Institutions in Colombia & Peru through the execution of transactions and by originating deals together with the different business lines of the Bank. In addition, he must ensure an excellent relationship with clients by understanding their needs to achieve BNP Paribas’ goals in the region.
· Execute Coverage’s business plan by originating and boosting the relationship with new and existing clients in Colombia & Peru through recurrent meetings with them, always making sure these clients fit within the requirements of the different business lines.
· Creating strong and long-term relationships with key decision makers at all levels including the C- suite (i.e. high customer management) to improve the visibility, image and competitive position of BNP Paribas with the client
· Understanding the impact of key financial sector strategic objectives, policies and regulations (including in the banking system) and coordinating, where appropriate, the involvement of other bankers, GBLs and functions.
· Contribute to defining the BNP Paribas regional strategy for the FIC customer segment, in collaboration with the FIC regional team and business lines.
· Coordinating business-line marketing initiatives to FIC customers, ensuring alignment of priorities, and marketing plans
· Organize events with clients to promote the BNP Paribas franchise in Colombia & Peru and to strengthen the relationship with clients.
· Ensure proper follow up of opportunities and keep record of history with clients.
· Follow the Bank’s KYC and Compliance policies set by the Bank’s Compliance Department to prevent the Bank from taking any risks (including but not limited to operational and reputational risks).
· Proactively identify and create sales solutions for financial operations
· Management and improvement of the electronic banking platform
· Identify the parameters of potential transactions and propose acceptable structures.
· Negotiate terms with the clients and document the final terms.
· Assist managers in relation to masters and documentation.
· Work side by side with the Legal department for Documentation.
· Coordinate with the administrative and middle office to ensure proper handling of transactions.
· Comply with all applicable regulations (local or those defined by Group) and BNPP internal policies, this includes but is not limited to Financial Security, Know Your Client/Costumer/Supplier, Due Diligence, Client Interest Protection, Market Integrity, Professional Ethics and Respect for colleagues.
· Strict compliance with the BNP Paribas Code of Conduct, by displaying an exemplary behavior aligned with the Mission, Values and Rules of Conduct covering all 7 angles: customers’ interests, financial security, market integrity, professional ethics, respect for colleagues, group protection and involvement with society.
· intended for clients across multiple industries with international activity.
· Self-starter, highly sales oriented and entrepreneurial.
· Resilient and committed – able to deliver within tight deadlines and under pressure, flexible over working hours and prepared to travel.
· Team player.
· Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
Minimum required qualifications:
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent required in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Affairs, or similar field. MBA preferred
· Minimum of +15 years of experience in banking or financial services required.
· Good internal and external client service skills, including strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
· Understanding of the US, Europe and Latam market.
· Strong technical skills in financial risk analysis: good credit judgement.
· Knowledge of investment and corporate banking products: at least of Project Finance, Export Finance, Corporate Finance, Debt Capital Market, Fixed Income, Global Equity & Commodities, Global Trade Solutions.
FINRA Registrations Required: