GROUP BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.”
ENTITY: Platform Risk
At BNP Paribas Group, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNPP Group Personal Data Protection framework, defined to respond to the new General Regulation on Data Protection – GDPR coming into effect on 25 May 2018, relies on the accountability of teams within BNPP entities and territories in their processing of Personal Data (customer, employees, UBOs, representatives of corporate, vendors, etc.)
The 1st Line of Defence (Business, IT and CDO) has the responsibility to embed data protection regulations and Group policies and guidelines in the internal organization and processes within its perimeter (e.g. privacy by design, PIA, security measures, etc.)
DPC is positioned in the 2nd line of Defence (within RISK function), and will report to CIB Business Line DPO. He will be responsible for the scope of businesses outlined under his/her responsibility within CIB, which is composed of Securities Services, Global Market and Global Banking. The DPC must assist CIB BL DPO in supervising the compliance with data protection regulations and Group policies and guidelines, ensuring second level controls and giving the necessary guidance to support the 1st Line of Defence.
Within the scope of your missions, the DPC may have to travel from time to time to some of CIB locations, or to attend conferences in the context of training and upskilling process.
In many respects, banking is the business of managing risks. At BNP Paribas, our well-developed risk management culture is based on a long-term perspective, a committed management, and a strong and independent Risk organisation led by the RISK function. Created at the same time as BNP Paribas, the RISK function is today a global and independent function present in five continents and at the forefront of risk management through best-in-class expertise.
RISK main missions:
– Advise senior management on the definition of risk policies
– Contribute as a “second pair of eyes” to ensure that risks are aligned with its policies
– Report and alert Bank Management on the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed.
A RISK framework adapted to each Business:
– Credit risk
– Market & counterparty risk
– Liquidity risk
– Insurance risk
– Operational risk
Encompassing the whole chain of Risk-taking and monitoring:
– Risk policy
– Risk analytics and modelling
– Risk Anticipation
– Portfolio analysis: risk concentrations and stress-testing
– Reporting & monitoring
– Risk Independent validation & control
– Counterparty & transaction analysis
A risk organization covering all the business lines:
– Equity and derivatives
– Fixed Income, IRD, CD, FOREX
– Asset & Liabilities
ABOUT THE ROLE
Whilst the role is primarily Madrid based, the role covers all BNPP Group activities and functions and requires strong collaboration with the RISK ESG Team based in London and Paris.
The purpose of the role is to support the incorporation of ESG matters within the Group’s existing processes and its risk management framework. Whilst it will necessarily entail risk analysis, it primarily involves supporting the Sustainable Finance program, a large-scale transformation Group-wide program launched by the Bank to meet the increasing demand for the adoption and insertion of ESG and climate risk management practices at all levels, under the supervision of more senior team members.
The RISK ESG Analyst & Methodology (risk analysis) will report to the RISK ESG Physical Risk Lead in the UK with a local reporting line to the RISK ESG Team Lead in Madrid.
o Whilst the role is primarily Madrid based, the role covers all BNPP Group activities and functions and requires strong collaboration with the RISK ESG Team based in London and Paris.
o The purpose of the role is to support the incorporation of ESG matters within the Group’s existing processes and its risk management framework. Whilst it will entail risk analysis, the role primarily involves supporting the Sustainable Finance program, a Group-wide transformation program launched by the Bank to meet the increasing demand for the adoption and insertion of ESG and climate risk management practices at all levels, under the supervision of more senior team members.
o The RISK ESG Project Manager will report to the RISK ESG Head of Change Management / Transformation in Paris, with a local reporting line to the RISK ESG Team Lead in Madrid. They will work very closely with the team developing physical risk models (mostly based in London).
o Support the team in the design, implementation, and advancement of the Group’s ESG Risk Management Framework for the group in relation to physical risks, from the development of an independent physical risk modelling capability through to risk analysis and operational insertion.
o Help maintaining a consolidated view and up-to-date understanding of requirements across the RISK function and within the business lines, together with the action plans required to fill the gaps.
o Engage with key stakeholders (internal and external to the Bank) and adapt approach & stance in dealing with changing circumstances.
o Assist the team in the definition and ongoing maintenance of roadmaps and project plans (inclusive of deliverables, timelines, and resources), and management of associated delivery risks, issues, and dependencies
o Contribute to the tracking, monitoring and timely delivery of all Physical Climate Risk development activities and associated consumption of resources.
o Contribute to preparation of steering committees and other presentations for senior management, subsequently follow-up on actions.
o Identify efficiency improvements throughout delivery chain.
– Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct including respect for others.
– Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks.
– Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
– Listens and responds to feedback.
– English: Fluent
– French: Optional
· Ability to contribute to planning, structuring, then reporting on processes, programs, initiatives and activities and their implementation
· Ability to show autonomy and initiative to resolve project issues and blockers
· Ability to concurrently track and follow actions across multiple project areas and report in an organized manner
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language) are an absolute requirement, due to the need to foster strong relationships with a broad base of stakeholders across the Bank and to present often within and outside of the team
· Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong interest ESG-related topics and risk management, willingness to learn and be curious about more technical aspects of the analysis performed by the team
· A strong delivery focus is required as strict deadlines are to be respected and limited time is available to collect and analyze risk information.
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct including respect for others.
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks.
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners, and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
· Listens and responds to feedback.
– Transversal & Behavioral:
· Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
· Ability to deliver/Results driven
– Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
– Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
– Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
– Flexible compensation plan
– Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
– 31 vacation days”
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.