About the job
Within the RISK SGCP department, Credit Portfolio Analysis (CPA) team is responsible for analyzing the quality and dynamics of the credit portfolio. The team is working in close coordination with the risk practitioners and businesses
By integrating the CPA Lisbon team, the Credit Portfolio Analyst works in a best-in-class credit risk analysis team, in an international and dynamic environment
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to an enhanced level of understanding of the BNP Paribas credit risk profile by sector (Aviation, Shipping, Commercial Real Estate, Telecom…) and by activities (Leveraged Finance, Securitization…) in close cooperation with businesses:
- Analyze and explain the evolution of key metrics and trends
- Analyze portfolio to give strategic information by sectors
- Explain variation and highlight strategic information with a business and risk perspective
- Give a forward-looking view on the portfolio, considering the economic, financial, and geopolitical environment
- Present analyses to ease decision making
- Select and summarize strategic information for the senior management
- Present conclusions during committees and forums
- Monitor the sectoral limit’s consumption
- Analyze how the credit portfolio is impacted by ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) risk drivers
- Analyze global RWA impacts on the credit portfolio coming from business development plans, new regulatory requirements (e.g., CRR3), and methodology evolutions (e.g., development of new credit risk models) by liaising with the appropriate teams
- Follow up the credit portfolio in a regular and proactive mode
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team´s processes
- Perform the necessary controls to deliver in a timely manner, reliable and consistent analysis
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Financial / Banking sector
- Between 4 and 7years of experience in Cretit Risk, ESG, CSR, Sustainable Finance
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Knowledge in MS Office Pack (Office and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge in Risk Management, Physical Risk, Transition Risk, etc
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to deliver / results driven
- Analytical ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
- BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.