- As part of the Low Carbon Transition Group (‘LCTG’), you will help our clients transition towards a low carbon future. You will play a key role in leading Technical and Environmental Social Governance (‘ESG’) due-diligences related to the Transition Mineral & Metals and related applications, in particular in the Battery Value Chain, Electrolysers, Fuel Cells.
- Lead and coordinate the technical/ESG due diligence process with third parties (other banks, consultants) in particular when BNPP acts as the Technical Bank
- Participate to the development of the Low Carbon Transition Group franchise through identification/screening of new clients/projects, with a focus on the allocated technology perimeter, globally (EMEA, AMER, APAC)
- Work with the originators to design and propose fit for purpose advisory & financing solutions based on the client’’s assets, activities, M&A goals and current financial position
- Undertake site visits as part of the due diligence to ensure clients assets, facilities and operational and managerial teams are capable of performing as forecasted
- Define Technical Base Case assumptions and sensitivities to assess the debt capacity of clients/prospects, and to analyze their liquidity situation, in coordination with the Deal Team
- Contribute to the collective dynamics and the team ethos
- Ensure Credit Process requirements & Transversal tasks such as preparation of Technical Memos, interactions with Risk Department among others
PROFILE: Qualifications:Recognised Engineering SchoolMaster Degree in Chemical EngineeringExperienceRecent Experience in the Battery Value Chain which includes raw material processing, manufacture of battery components, battery cell/pack production, integration of batteries into Electric Vehicles and Recycle/Re-use of batteriesExposure to project managementExperience in the Banking Industry is a plus (but not mandatory)
YOUR TEAM: The Low Carbon Transition Group (‘LCTG’) is part of CIB Global Banking EMEA. It is comprised of circa 100 professionals and is developing strategic dialogue with clients to support the transition to a low-carbon and more sustainable economy. The LCTG was created to strengthen BNP Paribas position as clients’ preferred low-carbon partner acting on the full-suite of BNPP capabilities: Power & utilities, Renewables, Low Carbon Hydrogen, Mid & Downstream Energies, Carbon Capture & Alternative Solutions, Transition Minerals, Metals & Batteries.The Innovation & Business Development team is a Paris/Madrid/London based team of ca. 10 officers, driving the commercial intensity of the LCTG. The Innovation Factory as part of the LCTG Innovation & Business Development team is acting as the Expertise & Market Intelligence center to analyse technology & project fundamentals, facilitating the dialogue with industrial clients/prospects, , all-in-all supporting the origination effort.