In accordance with section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), BNP Paribas has established an Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) over its US subsidiaries. Furthermore, BNP Paribas has set up a Combined US Operations (CUSO) and IHC governance framework to support capital, liquidity risk management, regulatory reporting, and compliance risk management.
Inspection Générale North America (IGNA) Hub is part of BNP Paribas’ global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale or “IG”) which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform risk-based reviews to provide reasonable assurance to senior management on the adequacy of internal controls and recommend control and efficiency improvements
In line with the Federal Reserve Bank’s expectations, IGNA has built a Compliance team to evaluate the bank’s compliance risk management practices, including requirements from Federal Reserve Supervision and Regulation Letter SR 08-8 Compliance Risk Management Programs and Oversight at Large Banking Organizations with Complex Compliance Profiles.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The Compliance Auditor will play a key role in supporting the internal audit team to independently assess the effectiveness of the governance framework that supports compliance risk management.
A strong background in compliance risk management, conduct compliance, or market activities auditing or consulting for Financial Services is a key requirement for this position. Specific Responsibilities include:
· Conduct multiple, complex, concurrent audit assignments. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating, reporting.
· Write audit reports with value added recommendations.
· Understand and assess the underlying risk applicable to the area of audit responsibilities through continuous monitoring activities.
· Manage time and priorities while conducting audits.
· Review and prepare risk assessments for Audit Units.
· Develop and maintain relationships with heads/managers of business lines and functions as part of the continuous risk monitoring activities.
· Validate the adequacy and appropriateness of remediation or resolution plans to address regulatory and internal audit recommendations.
· Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and IG management.
· Keep abreast of the evolution of auditing standards and key regulations covering compliance risk management and operational risk.
· Adopt and promote strong ethical values.
· Participate in various committees as assigned to provide reports and information on current/emerging business issues to top management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable and related field (Accounting and/or Finance preferred).
· 6 years of Audit and/or Risk experience with compliance risk management in the banking industry.
· Strong understanding of compliance risk management concepts and related regulatory expectations.
- Solid understanding of the relevant risks and controls in market activities areas such as Trading, Origination, Distribution, Sales, Order Management and Trade Execution, Risk Management, and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators.
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other bank departments and adapt to new situations and approaches.
· Strong working knowledge of the Securities Exchange Act of 1933 and 1934, FINRA, NYSE, listed options and equities exchange rules, Commodity Exchange Act and futures exchange rules
· Master’s degree.
· Licenses and certifications such as FRM and CPA.
· Experience is Banking Risk Management improvement or remediation projects.
· Strong knowledge of financial products, capital markets, banking industry and the related risks.
· Direct auditing experience in one or more of the areas: Capital Markets, Equity/Fixed Income, Sales and Trading, Derivatives/Futures.
FINRA Registrations Required:
· Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $136,000 to $194,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.