Within Client Management of BNP Paribas, the Global Client On-Boarding team’s objective is to function as the primary interface for coordinating all incoming new client on-boarding’s. The team goal will be to ensure an efficient, global and consistent first-class service to all new clients. This team is responsible for coordinating the prioritization of CIB on-boarding’s with execution and implementation of the KYC (Collect, analysis, conformity). The team operates on a worldwide level and must collaborate as “one team” to ensure a customer-centric responsive and effective cutting edge global on-boarding service. This team will operate closely with major functions as well as “Métiers” sales head (i.e., Corporate Banking / Capital Markets) and business managers. Ultimately, the Team is responsible for the overall on-boarding client satisfaction and ensuring KYC / AML controls are in place for each onboarding.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The Global markets End to End Coordinators primary focus is a transversal group delivering value-added service that helps ensure a seamless end-to-end onboarding process by providing oversight, transparency, and partnership with the business and key stakeholders as a Single Point of Contact for clients for all aspects of the Onboarding, Recertification process. The individual will act as liaison for the SBOs and Marketing Associates between Due Diligence, CARD/Recertification, Compliance and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) teams locally and globally. The key focus of the team is to enhance execution for our clients. The E2E GM team is also responsible for on-boarding clients to trade, execute, or clear the following products which constitute the majority of BNP’s Global Markets platform in NA region: Equities, Fixed Income (including Bonds, Cash, Treasuries, TIPS, STRIPS), Mortgage-Backed Securities (‘MBS’), FX, Repo, Cleared Rate and Credit Default Swaps, US and non-US Listed Derivatives (Options& financial Futures), OTC derivatives, Debt/Loans, Commodity Derivatives and Commodity Futures with BNP Paribas SA (the “Bank“) and Paribas Securities Corp. (“BNPPSC, respectively (and collectively, “BNP”). E2E GM is also responsible for collaborating where necessary with colleagues in regions such as London, Paris, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan and Canada for European and APAC business needs. GMCI is also acts in a support to all Global Markets sales in New York for pre-trade and post-trade issues arising from BNP’s day-to-day Global Markets operations.
• Coordinate onboarding’s and recertification’s of clients, coordinating the process from the initial request to the final set up in downstream systems.
• Act as a liaison for the SBO’s and Marketing Associates between Due Diligence, CARD/Recertification, Compliance and CSR to enhance the level of execution for our clients.
• Assist with the completion of internal documents (RM Assessment, CAC form, Call Memo, Scoring Grid, and CSR MAOS screening & PAT Tables).
• Coordinate as needed with non-US Due Diligence, Compliance and CSR teams to ensure global flags are in place to avoid delays and reputational risk.
• Centralize knowledge of KYC and CSR policies and procedures.
• Provide real-time assistance to the business regarding existing clients and the products they are approved or not approved to trade.
• Coordinate execution documentation and approvals for various products across multiple regions, and initiate connectivity requests for high and low touch trading Research public information and documentation on our clients and pass this information on to the appropriate teams.
• Manage client relationship for all KYC, Compliance, CSR questions and document requests.
• Effectively communicate requests from the business to internal stakeholders, and assist in keeping requests on track through various internal workflows, systems, and teams.
• Troubleshoot and direct all queries from the business and internal stakeholders – i.e., booking issues, client code discrepancies, conflicting referential, and product specific approvals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 10 plus years’ experience working in the financial services industry; basic knowledge of global markets and lifecycle of a trade, basic understanding of regulatory and trading documentation.
- Understanding how a large financial institution operates, with knowledge of both trade and client lifecycles.
- Prior experience creating, managing, and improving processes and technology/automation mindset.
- Deep understanding of banking regulations and operations
- Proven ability to execute complex projects with large number of dependencies.
- Process engineering, process management, quality assurance.
- Experience with onboarding and KYC (know-your-customer) requirements.
- Strong functional expertise in one or more areas (Risk, Legal, Due Diligence, Client Management, Operations)
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft applications skills.
- Strong understanding on Global Markets products and clients.
- Ability to produce and maintain production KPI’s for our internal business stakeholders.
- Understanding of relevant legal agreements (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, MSFTA, Deemed ISDA’s, Side Letters, NDA’s, ETSA, Options Agreements etc.)
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $122k to $155k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.