Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 4 global business lines; Global Macro, Global Equities, Global Credit, and Technology Platforms.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. GM Americas has approximately 700 staff.
Global Markets Americas Operational Risks & Permanent Control (“GMA OPC”) is part of the Global Markets Americas Chief Conduct and Controls Office. The GMA OPC framework is a key component in the assessment and management of non-financial risks and implementation of the controls framework. The team collaborates with Trading, Sales, Structuring, and Risks Management teams (2LOD) to help keep non-financial risks to an acceptable level.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
- Act as Global Markets risk and controls subject matter expert, advise on control framework and business process improvements, and help lead, execute, and deliver non-financial risk assessments.
- Help design and build technical operational risk datasets to expand and enhance risk framework monitoring and reporting and link to strategic control initiatives including control execution and supervisory requirements.
- Manage and maintain non-financial risk data and create dynamic mappings between risks, controls, and processes.
- Assist in leading the development and implementation of efficient and robust control processes, tools, monitoring, and reporting.
- Ensure proper non-financial risk governance and documentation is in place across Global Markets.
- Develop and maintain control inventory tools to ensure both local and global alignment.
- Support Senior Management, Global Markets stakeholders, and Risk Management teams in the identification and remediation of non-financial risks.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, IT, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant Global Markets work experience either in a Front Office position, risk management, supervision, or other technical area.
- Strong technical understanding of big data and database construction and maintenance.
- Exceptional project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken).
- Preferred working understanding of at least one Global Markets asset class or experience with operational risk assessments and reporting.
- Comfortable presenting projects to senior regional and global management.
- Professional level Excel (including Power Query and VBA), PowerPoint, SharePoint skills.
- Python and PowerBI knowledge a plus.
FINRA Registrations Required: Not Applicable
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in Chesterbrook is between $120,000- $140,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We are a company with a purpose — to be a responsible and sustainable global leader — and we aim to create the kind of environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to BNP Paribas’ goals as a company. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by the work our employees do to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives like our internal Employee Resource Groups.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.