About the job
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Digital is charged with monitoring the existing Ecommerce platform and strategy in BAU and drives the digital innovation of Global Markets. In addition, Digital reinforces Global Markets’ relationship with fintech, aligned with Global Markets’ business strategies working together with the strategic investment team.
Your Main Activities Are
The Digital Product Associate focuses on one or more of the Bank’s digital client facing platforms, (for example, Research and Content) and drives innovation and developments with the objective of increasing the Bank’s footprint, provide efficiency to the Bank’s clients and sales teams and leveraging the Global Markets LAB and external Fintechs. The roleholder will collaborate with stakeholders, developers and users and will be part of the strategy, planning and execution for the future developments of the Bank’s key digital initiatives.
· Junior/Mid level professional accountable for providing excellence within the eC&D team within Global Markets
· Taking an active part in the definition of the strategy for the relevant platform and pushing new opportunities and innovative ideas based on an understanding of the products, clients’ needs, markets and regulations
· Coordinating the scoping (workshops, collection of business requirements), prioritisation and delivery of new features and products for the various assets in the portfolio (Mobile APP, Bot/Digital Assistant, Web Portal, AI/NLP/LLM capabilities…) in close coordination with key stakeholders (Tech, LAB, UX/UI, Research, e-Marketers, Business Lines Digital Leads, Sales/Trading, etc)
· Extracting trends and behavioural patterns from the analysis of platform usage data to inform the product roadmap and enhance user experience
· Collecting feedback from end-users to improve the product and ensure a best-in-class digital experience
· Maintaining a written documentation of the platform and relevant information
· Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and user feedback to identify areas of improvement and optimisation
· Continuously identifies, proposes and implements innovative or alternative ideas ahead of others to improve topics or solve issues or problems that are multidisciplinary or cross-organisational, to improve the customer journey or the organisation, to develop new businesses or thought models
Profile and Skills to Success
· 4+ years’ experience in a similar role in consulting, start-up or corporate environment, preferably within the financial industry
· Higher degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering finance / econometrics or computer science field
· Eagerness to learn and grow within a dynamic product management environment
· Strong background in digital product management
· Proactively able to identify areas of development, improvement or ways to maximise results and takes initiative to implement relevant actions, in the short and long term.
· Strong relationship management skills and an ability to work with individuals to ensure the delivery of set objectives.
· Proven communication / relationship management skills.
· Computer literate and has a passion for well executed technology solutions. Substantial programming experience (Dev/BA/Scrum experience) is an advantage.
· Expert MS office proficiency (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SharePoint);
· Preferably knowledge of a BI/Analytics tool to measure KPIs and activity (e.g. Tableau or similar)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.