Asset Liability Management Treasury (ALMT) is a cross-business financial markets activity, present throughout BNP Paribas group in more than 50 countries. ALMT looks after:
- The BNP Paribas Group’s liquidity position, both in business-as-usual and crisis conditions;
- Interest rate risks in the banking book;
- And the operational and structural foreign exchange risks of the Bank’s balance sheet, including implementation on the financial markets.
Activities also include:
- Ensuring compliance with internal rules and regulatory standards, analysing and hedging balance sheet and liquidity risks, and protecting the Group against image and counterparty risk;
- A role in managing funding and hedging cost.
ALM Treasury has also been active in Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable development for many years, both as an issuer and an investor, but also through a number initiatives in line with BNP Paribas’ commitment to sustainable finance.