Job Description – Risk & Control Specialist
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line / Function :
The PCoE – KYS / Anti Bribery Corruption & Anti-Tax Evasion team in ISPL is responsible for the Preparation of files due for periodic reviews (Recertification) for existing partners and (Onboarding) for new partners of BNP Paribas across UK. The role of a Due Diligence Officer primarily consists of…
- Reviewing details of previous KYS performed
- Performing a Pre analysis to determine outstanding information required
- Identifying Key players of the file and running background checks
- Updating the KYS / ABC / ATE with the results of the review (Data + Evidence)
Risk & Control Assistant Manager
17th Jan 2023
Business Line / Function:
Risk & Control
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Risk and Controls in AFMG is responsible for process review, controls, check 1a & 1b in coordination with business and liasioning with respective line of defense to perform control execution.
- Design and implement control framework for Admin Functions as a whole.
- Responsible for designing Risk mapping files as per Group Control guidelines for all the work streams of Admin functions.
- Identify Level 1 and Level 2 controls to be performed and maintain inventory of the controls.
- Implement Control testing program to ensure Level 1 controls are being performed and execute Level 2 controls. Report deviations/results to Admin Process Leads and Management.
- Identify control gaps and propose solutions and ensure control gaps are adequately addressed.
- Conducted pre-internal audit reviews to ensure that all material audit issues are self-identified.
- Report incidents and errors and publish timely report to OPC to update in Group reporting tool.
- Liaise with OPC, Risk ORC for review and update of controls for Risk assessment and control testing.
- Review and Update of policies and procedure document for Admin process and sub processes and obtain sign-off as per guideline. Changes are incorporated at regular interval.
- Conduct risk and control assessment before change in process or technology initiative to ensure any open issues are fixed before change process or technology change implemented in production.
- Follow up on the action plans/remediation implementation of Inspection Generale (IG) for recommendations / findings.
- Liasoning with Statutory / External auditors for recommendations / findings.
- Review of Operational Issues / risks and analyse with root cause analysis to ensure recurrence of such issues mitigated in future.
- Engage with Admin coordinators of respective location for review of processes and implement consistent practices (standardization of process) across the location.
- Tracking of Head count details and monthly reconcile with HR data.
- Conduct in house Risk & Control awareness session for Admin staff (permanent and outsourced). Sessions are conducted at periodic intervals to ensure new joiners are covered for awareness session.
- Conduct monthly Ops and Controls agenda meeting with function leads for key business and controls update and prepare a tracker for Open action item for follow up and timely closure.
- Follow up with Admin staff to comply with Block leave policy requirement and timely completion of Mandatory Compliance and IT Security Training.
- Access Control Management – Timely raise sail point request for addition and deletion of staff and perform periodic review of accesses to ensure access are granted on a need to know basis.
- Oversee Business continuity planning (BIA Assessment) and Call tree update.
- Driving and leading Management driven projects linked to strengthening controls and cost initiatives.
- Coordinate with business and provide inputs to OPC / PMO team for PCC meetings.
- Coordinate with Legal and Compliance and ensure timely submission of data as requested.
- Contribute to the implementation of Permanent Control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Ensure all requests received are assigned within the team and drives the team to achieve the expectation set by onshore
- Active participation in regular review of operational procedural changes /requirements during processing functions / staff meetings
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1.1 Good communication skills is a pre-requisite
1.2 Accuracy and rigor
1.3 Team player
1.4 Fluent in English;
1.5 Adaptable flexible approach to the working environment
1.6 Ability to work on multiple IT systems
1.7 IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel to macro level), PowerPoint
1.8 Flexibility to work in shifts
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Sound knowledge of Audit and Risk & Control.
Knowledge of functional and process domain related to banking and financial services.