Electronic Equity – Security settlements
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Market Securities Settlements team ensures that Security transactions (Bonds, Equities, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo..) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, match the commitment actually taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
Within the Securities Settlement Department, the main processes include pre & post settlement activities, clearing, and event-related accounting for securities deemed in scope.
Associate Level 1
Global Markets Operations – Securities settlements
Business Line / Function:
Electronic equity – Security settlements
Associate Level 1
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Primary responsibilities of the team includes:
- Settlement of Security transactions and associated products in a timely and cost effective manner
- Timely resolution of nostro and depot breaks
- Mitigation of operational and reputational risk by escalating in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaising with clients, brokers / counterparties and other internal support functions for smooth settlement of trades
- Responsible for the settlement of Security transactions & associated products booked in Calypso, on a timely and cost effective basis by:
- Ensuring all trades are instructed, matched & settled on a timely basis
- Monitoring of failing trades
- Reducing fails and/or potential fails by means of pairing off or partialing down deliveries
- Minimizing fails by means of partial deliveries where possible
- Pre-matching trades in a daily basis
- Cash Management related with funding trades
- Responsible for solving Nostro and Depot reconciliation breaks on a timely basis:
- By investigating and, where possible, clearing all nostro breaks in reported by Securities Control teams
- By passing entries to the Calypso systems to clean up outstanding items on a timely basis
- By investigating and, where possible, rectifying all depot breaks on a timely basis reported by Securities Control teams
- By investigating and solving accounting breaks raised by Securities Control & Accounting teams
- Escalating items that represent operational risk to the direct Manager
- Contribute to the minimisation of settlement costs & operational risk:
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Monitors and take appropriate actions in case of market risks (buyins)
- By seeking to improve STP rates at our custodians so reducing cost, by updating static data as and when necessary
- By reducing the number of manual instructions sent to agents therefore reducing cost, manual intervention and settlement risk according to Compliance rules
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with domestic agents and custodians
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to analyse, organize and report efficiently
- Flexibility on working methods and changing international environment
- Rigorous and reactive in order to face pressure and reach excellence anytime
- Diligently follow the set procedures and Compliance policies
- Knowledge of financial markets and products, and easiness/expertise in dealing with Excel.
- English speaker
Minimum of 2 years experience
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills) –
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience Level :
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)