BNP Paribas Group is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. It has close to 185,000 employees in 65 countries. In Spain we are more than 5,100 employees within 12 business lines.
BNP Paribas EMEA Finance employs 500 employees, of which more than 325 are based in Madrid. We manage more than 250 BNP Paribas entities from all over Europe, covering +60% of Group’s balance sheet and all group’s banking activities (Corporate & Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Personal Finance and other financial services activities…).
Our mission is to measure, control and explain all the financial indicators required to monitor accounting, tax, regulatory, liquidity, credit risk reporting and management result activities.
Functional reporting to the Liquidity Reporting Team (SALT – SMR & ALMT Team) within SMR (Strategic Reporting & Monitoring) at BNP PARIBAS Finance.
– Within BNPP Finance, SALT is part of SMR, covering the following global missions:
o Prepare financial indicators in accordance with the requirements of regulators and standards in force
o Monitor and steer performance at Group, Division, Group Function level.
– SALT is more particularly responsible for the production of Liquidity and Resolution reporting and indicators, for the Group as well as for sub perimeters, of which the French Liquidity waiver, several geographical areas and other sub-groups.
SALT is a joint venture between BNP Paribas Finance and ALMT HO, at central level, whose deliverables are mainly intended for:
o Externally: the ECB, the SRB and the JST (Joint Supervisory Team, composed ECB and ACPR people) for Regulatory and Supervisory reporting and analysis;
o Internally: the CFO and the General Management of the Group, including for steering issues.
· The main indicators / reporting produced by SALT are:
o LCR : 1 month Short Term Stressed liquidity ratio;
o Maturity Ladder (bucketed balance sheet)
o Regulatory Counterbalancing Capacity
o NSFR : 1 year stable funding ratio
o Asset Encumbrance
o TLAC and MREL ratios and associated resolution reporting
o Wholesale funding indicators
o Other indicators as concentration,
o Deposits & Loans follow up
o Balance sheet by currency
The data production is usually monthly or quarterly, but can be weekly/daily during a crisis period, or at any time if required by the Supervisor.
The strong understanding of the Bank consolidated balance sheet, liquidity mechanisms and business contributions are key factors to understand and validate the Group level of liquidity and associated indicators.
SALT participates to Group liquidity steering, and reports to the Group ALCO. Monthly indicators are also presented during the CLR (Comité Liquidité Règlementaire) to the CFOs.
SALT is in charge of actuals as well as forecast/budget, monitored in separate tools (KLIMT, LRK and PERSEUS). As the data collection includes the Group balance sheet by Divisions, the team is also in charge of the business allocation of the Leverage Ratio and the FRU (Banking taxes).
Above regular deliveries, the department is also participating to steering, simulations, liquidity stress test exercises and projects linked to the liquidity expertise and knowledge.
Normative issues, operational & systems implementation, analyses review, processes improvement are under a shared responsibility with ALMT. FRESH-Group Liquidity Solutions (in charge of dedicated liquidity tools), Risk ALMT, as well as other Finance teams are on a daily basis key partners.
A dedicated quarterly process of accounting to liquidity reconciliation of the balance sheet is processed, making sure the liquidity / resolution streams are aligned with the regulatory data (FINREP).
– Training: Business School or University graduate, master in Finance/Mathematics
– Experience: Minimum 8 years of financial and/or management experience, previous experience in an Audit/Banking/Finance/Regulatory environment is a plus
– Languages: English C1/C2
§ Knowledge of Financial Institutions Balance sheet”
§ Knowledge of Liquidity Resources and Performance Indicators is a plus”
§ Knowledge of a reporting process “
o Transversal & Behavioral:
§ Ability to synthetize/simplify
§ Organisational skills
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION COMMITMENT
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.