About the job
- Under BNP Paribas IT Group, FRESH is the IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market. FRESH is a worldwide organizational model that contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. The FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams
- Shared Data Ecosystem (SDE) is an FRESH department hosting various applications relating to the “filière unique program” in charge of collecting Accounting and Risk data from local entities in a unique stream through several application (Universal Plug application, One Financial Solution application…). The aim is to share the data in a Datawarehouse named SRS (Shared Reporting Space) to provide regulatory reporting
- The candidate will join ITG-FRESH-SDE and will participate actively to new features implementation (20%) and will ensure production monitoring and will provide support activities (level 2) in case of incident/requests from internals clients (80%). The activities will mainly consist in analyzing, production piloting/monitoring, ensure support, documenting and release developments in production using BNPP standards technologies (around SHELL & SQL & LINUX). The candidate will be fully integrated in the support team located in Paris and Lisbon
- The position requires high reactivity and reporting skills to follow the IT activities/incidents, a strong analytical capacity, and a real appetite for the functional understanding of the application (Financial/Credit risks)
- The position will lead to develop knowledges on various financial process around reporting activities as well as BNPP information system within a motivating environment
- The team will be an extended team between Lisbon and Paris. Your contact partners will be qualified experts in credit risk reporting or accounting financial reporting, business analyst, production teams, developers’ teams in India, France… you will work in an international environment
Your Main Activities Are
- Liaise with BA to ensure correct understanding and implementation of release in production
- Propose technical solutions adapted to the business needs (Contribute to technical requirements writings)
- Work closely in a “one team” approach with all stakeholders, jointly providing high quality deliverables
- Provide support to operations from a technical perspective
- Proposing application performance improvement
- Implementation of best practices and coding standards
- Implement Devops tools ensuring the high-quality standard
- On-call support (if needed) on weekends and nights
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic backgound in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Professional background in maintenance/support critical applications
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Practical knowledge of change, incident & problem management tools (ServiceNow, GITlab, ANSIBLE…)
- Proficiency in UNIX/LINUX
- Functional knowledge of SQL and ability to write SQL database script
- Strong knowledge on programming Shell scripting
- Intermediate RDBMS knowledge
- Sharp mindedness and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, good prioritization skills, & multi-tasking skills
- Good communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Team spirit, collaborative, especially in hybrid and remote environments
- Curious, quick learner, personal initiatives
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.