The HR Manager has direct HR Responsibility over all activities, operations, and functions lines under his/her specific local scope.
At his/her local level, he/she will oversee:
- Leading the HR function and direct day-to-day delivery of HR services in accordance with local regulations and specificities
- Supporting the local activities, operations, and function lines in their people development
- Managing HR risk and operational controls
On all local HR topics, the HR Manager will be the intermediary with the regional counterparts, which the latter then serves as the link to the Group and CIB level.
- Advise the management of Manila Offshoring Platform on all HR topics within their specific scope and related to the activities, operations, and function lines strategies.
- Lead change, according to strategic directions set by the management
- Provide creative and reliable solution-driven local HR expertise when dealing with individual or collective HR issues while applying Group HR and CIB HR delegation framework.
- Contribute to promote and respect Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in all its forms
- Build up and update succession planning structure
- Support and drive transversal strategic initiatives such as programs for Early Career, Talent, Internal Mobility, etc.
- Manage the HR local platform (e.g., payroll, hiring, social security etc.), through the development and implementation of efficient, automated, and flexible local HR processes and optimal use of means in accordance with local legal framework:
- Meeting the best market practices
- Supporting the needs of different activities, operations, and function lines
- Relying on Regional Centres of Excellence (CoE)
- Complying with labour law and regulatory environment
- Manage local HR team and lead the delivery of Local, Regional and Group HR processes and services (employee relations, performance management, recruitment, business partnering, compensation & benefits, learning & development, etc.)
- Contribute to the HR efficiency by increasing mutualisation and shared services within territory and region
- Organise and provide market intelligence and benchmarks to relevant stakeholders and CoE.
- Contribute to the efficiency of BNP Paribas global HR reporting tools by ensuring that the territory regularly provides up-to-date information to Central CoE via such global systems (e.g., SPEAR, Compass, Avature)
Risk & Control
- Manage short and long-term HR risks through identification and monitoring of the platform. Represent BNPP to the Social bodies and alert the Head of Platform and the Head of APAC HR, when necessary, in due time on the below risks:
i) Operational (incl. adequate reporting) and administrative risks
ii) Legal & Regulatory risks (at individual and collective levels alike)
iii) Reputational risks (in relation to individual situations or collective issues)
- Contribute to the Permanent Operational Control Plan and the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Ensure compliance with the relevant policies involving management of third-party vendors (both external and internal) and proper controls are in place.
- Pro-actively share information with relevant stakeholders to mitigate HR risks.
- Ensure that Group and CIB HR guidelines are applied in line with local regulations. Ensure local legal and regulatory aspects are respected
- Ensure the implementation and application of the Conduct and Respect for Colleagues framework
- Maintain required regulatory compliance and oversight specific to HR
- Ensure compliance with any other local regulatory requirements within the scope (e.g., Philippines Labor Code)
- Facilitate leaves of absence (maternity, long service leave, sabbatical, etc.), retirement and exit processes for employee in scope.
- Advise on communication initiatives to employees and managers
- Mitigate risk by ensuring appropriate escalation / investigation of performance, conduct and other ER related matters
- Head of Manila Offshoring Platform
- Heads of Operation
- Regional Head of HR APAC
- Regional COEs
- External third-party service providers
- Government and Regulatory authorities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Mature experience (ideally both HR and business)- being a strategic and impactful partner
- Strong Management experience
- Global knowledge of HR, its major processes or regulatory framework
- Culture fit with HR (collaborative spirit, interest in people issues, confidentiality, conduct)
- Understand regulatory and legal framework for managing employee relations and ability to set-up and manage individual and group relationships
- Ability to develop strong understanding of BNPP culture and good network within the Group
- Good organization skills, reliability, attention to details
- Ability to consider problems and challenges from different perspectives and the potential outcomes to form a rational judgment and make informed decisions
- Ability to influence and conduct change management
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
- Work experience in a multicultural environment
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver
- Comfortable with transversal responsibilities in a matrix organization
- Ability to synthetize / simplify
- Command of English and Tagalog
Skills and Experience
- An education or work experience that demonstrates a broad knowledge of crewing and HR.
- Possess a positive attitude and solution-oriented approach.
- Teamwork capabilities, and interpersonal and communication skills.
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience Level: At least 10 years
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year