Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) team for Corporate Banking Operations is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the Operations teams.
Regional Corporate Banking OPC team is looking to recruit a Senior Permanent Control Coordinator. His/her main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to Corporate Banking Operations across all 12 Territories in APAC. Hence, he/she will analyse control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
The Permanent Control Coordinator ensures the following missions under the supervision of the Regional Head of Operations & Permanent Control (OPC) for Corporate Banking and in close relationship with Operations teams.
Implementation of Operational Risk Management
- Coordinate and perform the Risk and Control Self-Assessment with Operations Managers and Senior Management
- Define and execute the control testing, present the controls result to Senior Management and ensure the implementation of remediation actions
- Provide support with the harmonization of the execution of C5 controls across all 12 Territories in APAC
- Support the Operation teams in the implementation and deployment of C1-C4 controls
- Follow up and review findings and recommendations issued by internal auditors, regulators, and external auditors
- Ensure operational risk incidents are properly collected, coordinate the root cause analysis and contribute to the definition of remedial actions
- Perform Deep Dive analysis/ thematic review on specific processes based on identified risk areas
- Monitor regulations and internal policy changes to ensure implementation by Operations Team.
Operational Risk Governance
- Organize and contribute to Team meetings and APAC CBO PCC to ensure proper escalation of operational risk issues.
- Coordinate and prepare the contribution to various committees (e.g.: APAC Operational Risk Management Framework, APAC Internal Control Committees, APAC CCCO, TBA ITO Committee, ..)
- Support Territory OPCs in performing the respective mandates and consolidate the results for management reporting.
- Assist the team manager in transversal tasks like deep dives, trainings, dashboards productions and be pro-active in suggesting improvements in the team’s daily work
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Corporate Banking experience, ideally in Payment & Cash / Trade Operations
- Knowledge of BNPP Corporate Banking Operation set-up used in APAC (e.g.: products, internal systems, ..)
- Knowledge of Bank’s Internal Control systems: ORUS and RISK360
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Equivalent (> 4 years)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function
Other Value-Added Competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage several initiatives/projects and keep these on-track simultaneously
- Ability to effectively manage your own time and the priorities
- Interpersonal skills, ability to consolidate action plans and report progress status
- Pragmatic, ‘Can do’ attitude & Proactive approach with a strong ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of adapting to a new environment and to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Big picture awareness
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year