Your Main Activities Are
- Participate to internal projects to support the head of the team or project leads on deliverables, such as Inspection General or Operation Control reviews
- Assure that project governance is in place, monitor adherence to the methodology, support the team in all aspects and ensure that the delivery lifecycle is adhered to, maintaining the projects roadmap, pipeline and providing visibility to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the management of standard document repositories and collaborative tools enabling the sharing of key information
- Measure and report on quality, undertaking or overseeing Quality Assurance reviews, ensuring continuous improvement
- Manage the production of consolidated reporting and the production of slides for reporting at management committees, efficiently communicating it to stakeholders, including sponsors and senior management
- Assist in the day to day collation of data and reporting for departmental and transversal activities such as capacity planning, resource management, forecasting, project planning
- Verify project tracking, control and reporting to monitor the management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, tracking to budget, change control and regular reporting
- Provide materials, input and facilitate governance at all levels internally
- Provide project support to selected projects, including aspects such as set up of the project governance, project launch, ensuring that the methodology is followed appropriately for the project, preparation of Steering Committees’ materials and minutes, management of project gate approvals and closure
- Ensure that procedures are kept up to date for owned activities, and track maintenance of procedures across the CPO team
- Facilitate capacity planning across a complex portfolio of projects, provide support where needed and communicate resource allocation challenges
- Produce budget, actuals and forecast information for individual projects through to departmental view
- Participate in the transformation of the CPO activities, suggesting improvements and changes to processes to improve efficiency and enhance the delivery
- Deal with all levels of the organisation from project team members to senior sponsors
- Help on deliverables on projects
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting
- At least 3 years of experience in business management, project management, analysis, data management or reporting
- Knowledge of Data Intelligence, Research and Quant Analytics
- Good communication skills and fluency in English, both oral and written
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from operational, team leaders to senior sponsors
- Creativity, innovation and problem solving skills
About the Team
- The Country Project Office (CPO) plans, executes and implements high profile, strategic programmes and projects throughout the UK, coordinating efforts at Territory Level across all business areas and functions
- The team reports directly to the UK Territory Top Management, so is highly visible and the team members can expect broad exposure to different projects and to senior stakeholders
- The Project Management Officer will support the CPO team to deliver and implement these projects, leveraging on existing expertise and participate in cross-region projects
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.