About the job
- The AML L2 Team Leader’s mission is to lead an AML L2 Team. AML L2 Teams perform an initial review of alerts escalated by AML L1, followed by more in-depth investigations for alerts that warrant an in-depth investigation. AML L2 Officers can make a decision either to close a case (subject to a 4-eyes review within the team) or escalate to AML L3 Local Compliance Teams those cases which may warrant the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports or in any case indicate conduct which appears to sit outside the Group’s risk appetite.
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure that team members’ work meets the required standards of accuracy, efficiency and timeliness through quality control, proper prioritisation of alerts, coaching and feedback
- Provide guidance to team members faced with novel and unclear situations in the analysis of cases
- Provide team members with the full range of line management support including frequent ad hoc feedback, more structured feedback linked to objectives, career coaching and a friendly ear in times of need
- Keep updated and update others on developments in the field so that the team can make intelligent assessments in a broad range of cases whether the payment flows give reason to suspect any type of financial crime, whether this be money laundering, tax evasion, sanctions circumvention, bribery & corruption, financing of terrorist activity or other types of criminal activity
- Ensure the timely and effective recruitment of team members by pushing forward all stakeholders in the recruitment and onboarding process, selecting candidates judiciously and ensuring a smooth onboarding process for new-joiners
- Organise the team in such a way that team members are challenged and have opportunities to develop whilst fostering team cohesion and clear communication
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and tools by identifying and measuring process inefficiencies or tool deficiencies, escalating these so that proposed changes can be assessed
- Proactively manage client relationships by eliciting client feedback, exploring client needs, acting on this and providing clients with transparency of process, blocking points and service delivery
- Act as a role model to team members in contributing to transversal topics (e.g. sharing of best practice across the Compliance Hub)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Law of Economics
- At least 2 years of experience in Compliance
- Advanced level of English and French, both written and oral
- Organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
- Decision making
- Ability to inspire others and generate people’s commitment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.