Job Description – Fullstack Developer C#/JAVA (Optima)
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals – Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
Under BNP Paribas IT Group, FRESH is the IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market.
FRESH is a worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. The FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams.
FRESH is part of the IT Group organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT).
15 Sep 2023
FRESH / RDS
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Risk Dedicated Solutions (RDS) is an ITG-FRESH department hosting various applications relating to RISK monitoring, Credit Risk, Stress Testing and Capital Calculation.
Within RDS: Optima is a BNPP RISK tool dedicated to Regulatory Capital calculations RWA , Large Exposures LEXP and Provisions IFRS9 calculations and also provide simulation capabilities. OSC is Optima supervision console for supervise and manage runs.
The candidate will join ITG-FRESH-RDS and participate actively to Optima Supervision Console enhancements via new developments and RUN management/monitoring. The activity will mainly consist in analyzing, costing, developing, documenting and technical assistance.
The position is a fullstack one requiring mainly skills on C#/JAVA and SQL. The position will lead to develop knowledges on various financial and credit risk topics as well as BNPP information system within a motivating environment.
· Maintenance and evolution of OSC legacy application in C#/.Net / Windows
· Design and development on the new OSC in Java /Angular /Cloud
· Analyze and interpret requirement specifications received from Business analysts and Jira tickets.
· Participate with BA to ensure correct understanding and implementation of specifications
· Propose technical solutions adapted to the business needs (Contribute to technical requirements writings)
· Design and develop IT solutions based on the specifications received
· Implementation of best practices and coding standards.
· Participate in the testing phases (system, user acceptance, regression…)
· Provide technical support to Business analyst and project team
· Packaging and deployment on non-production environments using Devops tools
· Work closely in a “one team” approach with all stakeholders, jointly providing high quality deliverables
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Advanced knowledge in :
· C#/.Net / Windows
· Java/J2EE: Java, Spring, JPA, Junit, Maven.
· Database : Oracle PL /SQL
Knowledge in :
· Cloud , Kubernetes
· DevOps: Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, JFrog.
· Ability to collaborate
· Ability to communicate and report
· Ability to translate and explain technical subject
· Ability to adapt to new methodology
· Logic and rigor
· Documentation skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· IT engineer / Developer qualifications
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)