Job Description – Finance Operating Platform (Accruals Management)
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business Line/Function :
Financial Operating Platform :
Strong presence in 27 countries across the globe with a proven track record of delivering quality service, within the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) and with ability to challenge Status Quo and share Best Practices. Core activities includes processing of Vendor invoices, Employee claims, Intercompany Invoicing and Procurements.
Accruals Management is another piece within Finance Operating Platform, which is responsible for –
1. Accruals booking
2. Prepaid Reconciliation
3. Intercompany Invoicing and other month end accounting activities.
Senior Associate/ Asst Manager
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting in financial accounting systems, production of the monthly expenses accounting including preparation of standard and ad hoc reports, calculation of intercompany charges/billing, responding to audit queries and coordinating with various teams to ensure proper completion of monthly deliverable.
All local accounting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Accounting & Control Functions
· Prepare and book closing entries (daily / monthly) in accounting and financial systems for accruals, prepayments, intercompany, rent deferrals, asset capitalization/retrial or write-off, etc., as necessary.
· Perform month-end financial closing for his / her entities
· Perform reconciliation between Accounting system and Financial ledger to substantiate balances and breaks solving
· Participate in the intercompany process:
Ø Calculation billing charges to other BNP Paribas entities
Ø Coordination with other region’s Finance Expense teams and Tax team to ensure they are performing their respective intercompany closes and maintaining their respective algorithms.
Ø Suggest updating to Counter-party service level agreements (SLAs) in liaison with Tax team
· On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Reporting Team for report production
· Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
· Escalating problems / issues to the team manager
· Providing quality service to other groups
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
· Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and management reporting
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding MS Access desirable
- Good analytical skills and understanding of cost allocation methodologies
- Knowledge of SAP, PO Module, FICO Module
Specific Qualifications (if required)
B Com / MBA Finance (desired)
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to implement relevant and timely controls
Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience
Atleast 5 years