CIB NAR Procurement supports all entities within the North America region in the process of buying goods and services that are required to support the operations of BNP Paribas. Consistent with Global and CIB Procurement, the mission of CIB NAR Procurement is to effectively manage third parties.
CIB NAR Procurement Front Office is responsible for ensuring that any new demands strictly adhere to internal procurement policies and procedures. CIB NAR Procurement Front Office – IT & Telecom focus on management consulting category spend category. The IT & Telecom lead buyer ensures that all new engagement and or extensions are in line with sourcing best practices and controls while meeting business requirements at the best value.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Deliver on external spend optimization and negotiation skills.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients, locally, regionally and globally.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
· Enforce BNP Paribas CIB NAR Procurement Front Office policies and best practices with strong focus on IT and Telecom sourcing.
· Perform market analysis with in-depth knowledge of the IT and Telecom commodity industries.
· Broad knowledge of category management for IT and Telecom.
· Establish strong relationships with internal clients and suppliers; build a robust understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across suppliers and/or spend categories.
· Collaborate with Business leaders and management to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on the total cost of ownership.
· Develop Annual strategic sourcing plans, execution of those plans and achievement of maximized savings within each IT spend category.
· Run RFXs, negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best contract price and terms to protect the Bank.
· Work with Legal on contract terms and issues leveraging from existing group or regional contractual framework whenever possible.
· Ability to regularly track all aspects of the sourcing process, from initial business requirements, followed by management validation to final engagement execution.
· Ability to create result-driven reports measuring performance of Procurement Front Office activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, applied sciences or Supply Chain/Procurement.
· 10-15 years of experience in IT and Telecom Procurement related activities, and a track record of working in a team environment and delivering on savings targets.
· Experience in working successfully in a multicultural and international environment.
· Strong communication and analytical skills.
· Extensive knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and/or category management processes.
· Proven track record of excellent negotiation skills and can represent BNP Paribas’ interests in interactions with suppliers.
· Proven success leading major projects and change programs that have positively impacted the Business.
· Proven experience in contract negotiations; and understanding of legal clauses and their application in the Procurement process.
· Experience with supply management tools/ software including Procurement and project management programs (Ariba, Ivalua, IQN/Beeline).
· Proficiency in MS Excel & MS PowerPoint tools.
· Knowledge about Alteryx / Tableau / PowerBI is a plus.
· Language: Spanish is a plus.
· Master’s degree preferred.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $115,000 to $187,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.