Finance Officer – Amsterdam 40 hours p/w
We are looking for a Finance Officer that will be part of Finance team in the heart of Amsterdam. He/she will have tasks that are both operational and controlling and will cooperate closely with our international teams.
BNP Paribas in the Netherlands: Combining the strength of an international presence and local know-how.
The BNP Paribas Group has a long history in the Netherlands. Its experienced bankers serve as a single point of contact for clients to access BNP Paribas’ global product offering and extensive international network. BNP Paribas’ Dutch team is able, with the help of our specialized business lines, to present a comprehensive and tailored offer to our clients. The Group’s wide scale of value-added products and innovative solutions ranges from pure lending to highly structured transactions, from leasing to asset management. It offers access to domestic market knowledge combined with global expertise via our worldwide specialized resources.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is part of the Group and a globally recognized leader in offering specialized solutions to corporate and institutional clients in the field of capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory. CIB also functions as a bridge between corporate and institutional clients. Sustainability, digital transformation and a focus on long-term relationships with our customers are at the heart of CIB’s strategy.
The position you’re applying for/Your new role
The Finance Officer is responsible for a broad range of financial support tasks. Support to Head of Local Finance in managing and ensuring the tasks as described below are performed with high quality and in a timely manner within the local Finance Department in general. The nature of the tasks are both operational and controlling. Finance employees are assigned primary tasks and also serve as back-up for tasks not directly assigned to them. The performance is in accordance to the rules and principles as adhered by the Group and also respecting the Local regulatory rules and environment. The main tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
Assist the Local Head Finance in ensuring that the local activities related to are duly performed.
· Account payables and receivables
· Periodic closing
· Regulatory Reporting & Monitoring
· Business analysis
Besides the abovementioned tasks the Finance Officer can be requested to support the Local Finance team in other tasks.
· Ensuring and monitoring that the daily tasks to be performed by Finance are aligned, including Invoices Payment process execution.
· Coordinating the daily/monthly/quarterly/annual and possible ad hoc operations of Finance
· Ensuring that all the cash accounts movements are administered properly and timely
· Perform analytical reviews
· Monitoring sensitive accounts
· Reconciliation income and expenses
· Reconciliation stock reports and general ledgers.
· Making sure that all reports – internal/external – are properly prepared by checking and ensuring local data quality, e.g. Dutch Central Bank reporting/fiscal reporting (CIT & VAT)
· Advising management whenever needed on various topics.
· Maintaining contacts with internal parties, e.g. Tax and Legal Depart.
· Participating, in close cooperation with back and mid offices
· Active participation/contribution to projects impacting the Finance Department
Who you are
· MBO+/HBO level of education in an financial/accounting field
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Sound accounting knowledge including accounting standards (IAS & IFRS)
· Fluent in Dutch and English
· Accurate and analytical
· Able to work under pressure according to strict deadlines
· Team player
What we offer:
· A professional, high-paced and international environment in which you can grow
· A seat on-board of World’s best bank 2023 (award by Euromoney)
· Solid compensation
Why choose BNP Paribas as an employer
What we do will only be of value if it contributes to a sustainable and inclusive society within safe planetary boundaries. We act responsibly and find it important that you do the same. Together, we can make all the difference and have an impact.
Your potential is limitless, just like our drive and commitment. It’s important to us for our people to keep growing and developing. So, not only do we give you access to training and courses of all kinds, but there are also plenty of career opportunities to grow into other parts of the BNP Paribas Group locally and internationally.
It’s important to us for our employees to feel comfortable. We stand for a diverse and inclusive workplace where everybody can be themselves: an informal and open working environment with a wide variety of backgrounds, both locally and internationally, where a flexible and hybrid way of working is the standard.
Does this sound like you?
If you’d like to talk to us first about whether this role is right for you, or for more information, please contact Said Mikdam
Please bear in mind that we conduct pre-employment screening. Unsolicited offers by external organisations to help us find a suitable candidate will not be considered.