About the job
The KYC L2 Officer mission is to ensure that all KYC files are in compliance with the applicable policies and procedures and accurately coded in the various systems of the bank. Depending on the assignment within the KYC L2 Office, it also contributes to open, amend, review and close client accounts and can be responsible for analyzing the compliance of client documentation and advising front office accordingly
Your Main Activities Are
To diligently carry out the account opening, recertification and closure process as 2nd level of controls and ensure accounts are compliant with Group and, in specific cases, WM GAIM requirements
Ensure a permanent advisory role vis-à-vis the Business, as per Group decision process
Flag out and alert managers when suspicious activities are identified
Identify issues or delays during the KYC review process and communicate effectively to Front Office/Compliance from booking sites in an efficient manner
Assist and actively take part in the preparation of Client Acceptance Committee by performing compliance risk analysis and providing mitigating solutions
- Proactively identify potential gaps in the current processes/policies against regulatory requirements and bring up to management’s immediate attention
- Stay updated of new regulations and update management and colleagues on the impact of relevant changes
- Recommend ways to improve efficiency on the current KYC review process
- Assist in the review and comment on proposed new policies, derogations and other policy-related matters
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Business, Finance, Management, Law or similar area.
- Fluent in English and French (both oral and written communication)
- Excellent communication skills
- Risk oriented profile with strong analytical and investigation skills, strong attention to details
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.