About the job
The Credit Solutions team is hiring an analyst for its credit analytics vertical, supporting the fast growing US CLO and Senior Portfolio Financing (SPF) businesses. The analyst will be focus on the underlying collateral (leveraged loans issues by US issuers) of the facilities structured by the NY desk.
Your Main Activities Are
- Credit Management:
In support of the CLO warehousing, Senior Portfolio Financing and Loan TRS activity, assist with processing and reviewing each name being contributed into financing facilities:
- Conduct rigorous credit analysis:
- Performing fundamental analysis on leveraged borrowers, including reviewing company financials, transactions (LBO, M&A, refinancing), marketing documents as well as analysing earnings & lender calls:
- Identify key credit strengths, risks and mitigants
- Analyze various capital structure scenarios
- Conduct cash flow & valuation analysis
- Assist credit analysts in evaluating legal documents including credit agreements, bankruptcy filings, guarantee and security agreements, intercreditor agreements and indentures
- Update, maintain, enhance the credit platform where all the analyst notes and metrics on Loan Issuers are recorded
- Ensure the regular risk monitoring and maintenance of the portfolio of transactions, including:
- annual reviews
- quarterly rating and capital review processes
- completion of rating/GRR forms
- preparation of dashboards documenting the performances of the facilities.
- Prepare weekly update regarding the quality of the assets
- Provides in depth analysis of collateral performance to the NY structuring team
- Report on clients’ behaviour
- Portfolio Management:
- Maintain and feed the Portfolio Management system with daily dataset (external reports, ratings report, pricing reports…) and run report/dashboard to ensure highest data quality
- Assist the Portfolio Management activity but assisting in tracking covenants of the facilities; maintain borrowing bases and report to the structuring team on results
- Data Management:
- Assist in the maintenance of the credit database, including creating new entries, updating existing entries, preparing financial models, and troubleshooting errors
- Maintain and organize the deal document directory, including information sent by clients or posted on shared data sites
- Leverage the credit database to aid in data analysis, exposure breakdowns, and internal reports
- Assist with creating monthly reports to be uploaded into the credit database
- Trading Book:
- Keep track of trading activity done by clients by maintaining a shadow trading log; provide daily update on client activity and give insights to the market to the NY team
- Transversal Projects:
- Spearhead ad-hoc credit analytics projects such as the BNPP Core Middle Market Index and Quarterly Update of Top Manager
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in FInance
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to detail / rigor
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.