About the Team
- Global Banking brings together all the commercial forces present at CIB: coverage, flow, financing and consulting activities serving corporate clients as well as the transversal teams in support of these activities. BNP Paribas Global Banking is a recognized leader in the industry, recently winning Euromoney’s 2022 award for the Best Global Bank for Corporates.
- Within Global Banking, the Chief Conduct & Controls Officer (CCCO) has the responsibility to identify and assess non-financial risks, to ensure the enforcement and efficiency of the control framework and to promote an adequate risk management culture with a Front-to-Operations reach.
- Within GB CCCO’s Control Framework & Conduct Team, the Head of the Project and Governance Office is leading a team of Project Managers and Operational Risk Analysts in charge of designing, planning, and implementing initiatives seeking to reinforce GB Front-to-Operations control framework on every components of operational risks. These initiatives result from external events, regulatory requirements evolutions, historical incidents, LOD2/LOD3 findings, and/or GB processes evolutions.
About the job
Reporting to the Head of Project & Governance Office, the Senior Operational Risks Project Manager will be an instrumental member of the Global Banking worldwide Permanent Control community. The Senior Operational Risks Project Manager’s role will consist of leading or contributing to the initiatives seeking to ensure the sustainability of the worldwide framework already implemented, as well as managing the remaining projects to meet the objective of having a unified, efficient, and robust operational risks control framework for Global Banking across the 3 regions. The Senior Operational Risks Project Manager will be assigned to streams or sub-streams of the aforementioned initiatives and fully in charge of their delivery, by facilitating and animating relevant governance bodies and producing associated deliverables. A large part of the job will be to liaise with multiple relevant stakeholders within the Global Banking universe (Front Office, IT & Operations, OPC) as well as with Group Control functions, to ensure coordination & alignment of program approach and priorities.
Your Main Activities Are
- Design of controls coming from Group Functions, requiring deep dives into operational processes of the Bank.
- Deployment of local control plans into CIB’s control monitoring tool.
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of ORMF tooling strategy for CIB (control reporting, control monitoring, interface with other systems).
- Contributing to key Global Banking governance instances and interacting with senior managers and senior SMEs/stakeholders in the organization
- Leading ad hoc projects / initiatives on behalf of the Head of Operational Risk Framework & Conduct on all the components of Global Banking Front-to-Ops permanent control framework.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in the Corporate Banking universe (Front and/or Middle), and/or Inspection Générale, and/or Project Management, and/or Consultancy firm, and/or Group Control function
- English fluent
- Proficient in MS Office
- Solid knowledge of Operational Risk and / or Permanent control, risk analysis and monitoring, with a strong taste for compliance subjects
- Expertise in slide production & storytelling and ability to visually represent ideas or simplify complex matters while conveying key project goals
- Motivated to work in Project mode in a complex and challenging working environment
- Ability to manage projects, to understand, explain and support change and to anticipate business and strategic developments.
- Ability to generate people’s commitment through collaboration and effective communication
- Teamworker with excellent organizational skills and rigor
- Elevated ethics and professional responsibility
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.