About the job
- FRESH is the new IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market. FRESH is a new worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams. FRESH is part of the ITG organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT)
- The team acts in close proximity with end users, providing services and means to fulfill short term requirements, to prototype, test and learn around innovation, to improve adequation between processes and their related systems, and to monitor production on a daily basis and support users especially on closing periods
- We implement solutions in an agile way of working to face short term requirements that cannot be covered in due time by existing industrialized systems
- We coordinate activities to address needs covered by generic/transversal solutions
Your Main Activities Are
- Extraction of accounting information stored in mainframe
- Collect, analyse and challenge business requirements: new requests or change requests
- Propose solutions, build/develop them and perform all necessary tests
- Release the solutions for clients and provide support
- Produce associated documentation and ensure developments auditability
- Monitor application portfolio and ensure recovery when needed
- Prepare plan to convert tactical solution into strategic solutions taken over by IT teams
- Report regularly to the BOOST Team Leader
- Collaborate with teams based in Paris, Lisbon, Madrid and Mumbay
- Contribute to the Data Quality program by applying Quality & integrity criteria to the perimeter /scope of responsibility
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Developer
- Experience of development in Mainframe IBM 30XX in at least two of the following technologies (Easytrieve, JCL, REXX, Cobol, ACL)
- Infrastructure experience
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to details
- Availability and customer orientation skills
- Proactive attitude with ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- At ease with multi-tasking, strong team spirit
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organization skills
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.